Thread: Need advice!

Default Need advice!

Hey everyone!
    So just to give you a brief summary I’m 22 years old, weight about 150lbs. I mainly use a 15 lb Snap Lock + 14 Spare Ball. In all honesty I’m really looking to improve my game! Their aren’t any coaches in my area so that’s out of the question. I tend to bowl between 2-3 games (by the 3rd game my arm tends to give out) and I usually score 125 ~ 170ish and on really good days 185 - 210. I’m thinking about getting a new bowling ball (Quantum Black) and I’m still looking around and debating whether if I should stick to a 15 lb or move down to a 14 lb ball. We had a demoing today and a league player told me that for our lane conditions he recommends the Game Breaker 3. Our bowling alley are little bit on the dry side.

https://youtu.be/-0LutT_0rmc

This video is of my friend and me bowling. I’m the one wearing shorts and I believe I only bowl 5 frames in this video. My approach is all off and I think I might tug the bowl at times. All advice welcome! Feel free to criticize and what not. I honestly just want to improve to game so that later on in the future I could join the leagues.

Thank you!

Bowler
    Chats: 0

If your arm goes out after only 3 games you should probably go to 14. You have a 14 lb spare ball anyways. Does your thumb hurt at all? You have a big backswing (which is good) so you either have a ball drilled perfectly or your using extra thumb pressure which will delay your release and lower your revs.

If you’re just doing house shots (no sports patterns) you can probably get away with getting a middle of the road polished ball. Bowlingball.com is great for research as is getting a demo day at an alley.

There are probably coaches near you. Most high school and community college coaches also give lessons to us common folk.

https://www.bowlingball.com/findbowlingcoach.aspx

Might find one here or ask a driller. PSOs get referral business from coaches so they should know.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    If your arm goes out after only 3 games you should probably go to 14. You have a 14 lb spare ball anyways. Does your thumb hurt at all? You have a big backswing (which is good) so you either have a ball drilled perfectly or your using extra thumb pressure which will delay your release and lower your revs.

If you’re just doing house shots (no sports patterns) you can probably get away with getting a middle of the road polished ball. Bowlingball.com is great for research as is getting a demo day at an alley.

There are probably coaches near you. Most high school and community college coaches also give lessons to us common folk.

https://www.bowlingball.com/findbowlingcoach.aspx

Might find one here or ask a driller. PSOs get referral business from coaches so they should know.
    Come to think of it sometimes my thumb does hurt by the 3rd game at times though or starts feeling sore. While I’m bowling I do feel a pinch sometimes between my thumb and index. My wrist tends to give out by the 3rd from trying to keep my hand behind the ball!