Thread: My first real goof!

Chats: 0

Default My first real goof!

I had a call for an out of range on a lane. Nobody had gone behind the lanes at all for any calls since opening at the time so it was dark back there. I go back and I see a light switch glowing. I flip it to turn the lights on. Suddenly all 12 lanes were silenced. RUH RRO RORGE! I just turned off all 12 lanes! DOH! I quickly turned it back on, found the actual light switch fixed the out of range. I went up front and all the screens were in boot mode. I quickly grabbed the mic for the intercom and told the bowlers I had goofed and turned off all the lanes by accident. I certainly felt like an a$$ to say the least.

They all got a good chuckle, none of them were upset with me. It wasn't a league only birthday parties. It took about 7 minutes for everything to resume. No scores were lost or anything and everything continued normally. Boy it could have been a LOT worse. I was really freaking out for a minute there. I was happy to find out that there hasn't been an employee yet that hasn't done that. I think I will talk to the mechanic about changing out that switch for one that has a cover on it you have to flip up so as not to do that. Plus a big sign that says LANE MONITORS & PINSETTERS!

Plus when it happened my son was bowling and when they went off he screamed "I BET MY DAD JUST DID THAT!"

Ringer

woops, I bet that will be the last time that will happen to you. pretty funny what your Son said though.

Chats: 32

LOL Glad it wasn't during a tournament
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 2

Could have done what happened at Sunset in Vegas a few weeks ago. Someone called up for a reset to stand up a 3-6-7-10 on a lane. They ended up setting up the ENTIRE league with that configuration lol. Took them about 20 minutes to correct everything, had a few balls hit the rake...good times lol
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    woops, I bet that will be the last time that will happen to you. pretty funny what your Son said though.
    Oh no, I DEFINITELY won't make that mistake again. The fact my son said that wasn't a surprise to me, he has chronic foot in the mouth disease. Much worse than my other kids. The only part about that which was a shock is that he didn't say it over the intercom.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    LOL Glad it wasn't during a tournament
    One plus to them not having any in this house. Now that I got that out of the way it's time to get some going.

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Could have done what happened at Sunset in Vegas a few weeks ago. Someone called up for a reset to stand up a 3-6-7-10 on a lane. They ended up setting up the ENTIRE league with that configuration lol. Took them about 20 minutes to correct everything, had a few balls hit the rake...good times lol
    Believe it or not, nobody hit the rake when that happened. I was waiting to hear the crashes though. I guess I timed it right. =) When we spot pins for a lane we actually do it the manual way. Let the full rack go down, grab the long stick and knock down the unwanted pins then cycle the machine to sweep the dead wood. At least that's how he showed me to do it, I'm sure there is another way.