Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: effect of too small of inserts

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Good to note on the grip and weight. I just figured for a few $ I could have an extra ball in the bag but with it having very similar reaction to my primary I doubt I would use it much. As for my thumbhole? I doubt I could get any tape in there even on a good day when it isn't sticking. I have never used tape but have never had a problem. I know a trick I was told years ago was to wrap your thumb in newspaper between shots to keep it from swelling. No idea why but I never had a problem when using this method but could have been the placebo effect...lol
    Try some hada tape. It protects your thumb so i find my thumb doesn't swell as much and even though it makes the thumbhole snugger, the tape lets me come out of the hole clean without sticking. Also, I'm with J Anderson, stick with one grip and one weight. Switching back and forth from the 2 is just going to hurt your consistency.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Try some hada tape. It protects your thumb so i find my thumb doesn't swell as much and even though it makes the thumbhole snugger, the tape lets me come out of the hole clean without sticking. Also, I'm with J Anderson, stick with one grip and one weight. Switching back and forth from the 2 is just going to hurt your consistency.
    Will do. I will be at the pro shop in the next few days. I was looking the other day and he had a bunch of tape so he might have the hada tape. If not I will order some.

Bowler

Does that also mean when you get a new ball to get new grips on your otherballs if they feel worn.

Chats: 32

Yes, Most people keep inserts way longer than they were intended to last.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Yes, Most people keep inserts way longer than they were intended to last.
    Yes most charts say replace about every 60 games, So Basically if you just bowl one league, put new grips in at the start of the season and replace at the half.

Of course different grips can wear faster than others and if you bowl more than one league 60 games goes fast.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2

Between all of my equipment, I usually change them at the beginning of the season and they usually make it all the way through. I can feel when they start to go though, and see the effects in my fingers. You start to lose feel of the ball more. That's when I replace them. I mainly throw 3-4 different balls throughout the season, so when I change one set, I change them all so I have the same feel. I've also tried switch grip finger grips (similar to the thumbs) and they were a PITA. Definitely don't recommend them for personal use. They would however, be awesome for demo days and such when you have a bunch of people with different grip sizes using them. Personally though, not a fan as they were a pain to drill and set up.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12