Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a Cool night!!

Chats: 256

Default What a Cool night!!

Arrive to league last night and hear over the PA system a guy talking with an accent that is promoting a bowling app called XBowling. Turns out it is none other than Jason Belmonte.

Everyone is crowded around getting pictures and I get my picture with him as well. He is a very nice guy and is accommodating anyone that wanted pictures with him or wanted to simply speak with him.

During the first game of league he is going around to each pair and giving some bowlers an opportunity to win $100 to load on to XBowling app.

He stops by our pair early on in game 1 and my teammate has chance to strike and win each of us $100 for the app. He goes high and leaves a 9 pin. So no luck for us. He moves on to the next pair of lanes.

Well, during that game I am having a really good look on the lanes and I end up shooting my 11th 300 game!!

Better yet, I was using my Storm Drive. I couldn't resist to track Jason down to get another picture with him with my Storm Drive ball.
    If you don't already know, this is a ball that he collaborated with Storm to develop. This is his second ball, the other being the Timeless.

High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 32

Wow nice. I've met belmo a few times myself he's an excellent ambassador for the game.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Very Cool, congrats on the game, what a great ambassador for the sport of bowling. In a time when young people look to sports figures as role models, they couldn't pick a better one than Belmo.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I actually saw this on FB being floated around lol

Ringer
    Chats: 0

wow, sounds like a great night, meeting Belmo and throwing a 300. great picture too.

I saw on facebook that he was doing that at Plano Super Bowl and thought about calling up my inlaws to go take pictures but I figured they wouldn't appreciate it, lol.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBowlingGuy View Post
    I actually saw this on FB being floated around lol
    Really? Where did you see?
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

That's cool! Congrats on the 300 Vdub! Maybe he'll come down to San Antonio tonight.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Really? Where did you see?
    Actually looks like it was your post in CTD. Thought for some reason I recalled it being a shared post

Congrats on the 300! What a great memory for you.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast