Thread: League Scoring / bylaws help

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default League Scoring / bylaws help

My league does the 7 pt system for league (3 games, 2 pt per win, 1 pt for total pins)

In everyone’s experience in this setup, what is done for playoffs? Just straight games won, right?

Also, since we are not sanctioned we have never come up with any bylaws or hard and fast rules. Would any one care to share there’s? Particurlary, I am trying to develop rules for rolling off at other houses, who can be used as a substitute, and how much of a prior year average factors into the current year average.

Are handicaps supposed to be reset after 9 games in a currrent year? That is what the head guy at the house claims but it seems awfully low. I am used to handicaps in golf that account for your high and low scores. Seems like a golf type handicap would be better as it factors in the whole history.

Chats: 32

Prior year averages are only used until you establish an average in that league with most of my leagues and don't factor into current averages in anyway. The prior year stuff really only applies in the initial week of bowling and for a new bowler joining in after the start. If they don't have an established average we use 200 until they have 3 games in.

Usually as far as roll offs the winner from each quarter or trimester will bowl each other for the championship.

I'm sure some of the others can supply you with examples of league rules. One of the downsides to bowling non sanctioned leagues are the rules are pretty open to interpretation in a lot of them,
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Pin Crusher

Starting averages depends on how competitive the league is.
    We use a 21 game cushion. Also a 10 pin drop rule. Highest average in the last 3 book avg. yrs. Last years avg. for returning bowlers with 21 games. Any bowler with no useable avg. uses 195 for 9 games.
    We use team H\C not individual.

If roll offs you match between each half winner you should use points. Total pins are unfair to the lower avg. team.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Starting averages depends on how competitive the league is.
    We use a 21 game cushion. Also a 10 pin drop rule. Highest average in the last 3 book avg. yrs. Last years avg. for returning bowlers with 21 games. Any bowler with no useable avg. uses 195 for 9 games.
    We use team H\C not individual.

If roll offs you match between each half winner you should use points. Total pins are unfair to the lower avg. team.
    The total pins is pins plus handicap

Pin Crusher

Use the same h\c as you always do. first team to win two games, 4 points is the champion. High series with h\c favors the higher avg. team.