Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your PSO very brand specific?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

If the PSO is a staffer then they are only allowed to throw balls from their brand so it would be natural that they only recommend what they are more familiar with. You see most pros throwing Storm because I think they are most aggressive in signing staffers to throw their equipment. As for one brand being better than another, I think the technology has advanced enough that they all make really good bowling balls. Now it's just personal preference. I recently decided to switch to all Radical equipment because Mo Pinel who is the ball designer of Radical makes himself available on Facebook to answer questions and will recommend ball layouts. I just think that's very cool of a company to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    If the PSO is a staffer then they are only allowed to throw balls from their brand so it would be natural that they only recommend what they are more familiar with. You see most pros throwing Storm because I think they are most aggressive in signing staffers to throw their equipment. As for one brand being better than another, I think the technology has advanced enough that they all make really good bowling balls. Now it's just personal preference. I recently decided to switch to all Radical equipment because Mo Pinel who is the ball designer of Radical makes himself available on Facebook to answer questions and will recommend ball layouts. I just think that's very cool of a company to do that.
    Wow I didn't even think about it but he does throw nothing but Storm and Roto balls. He's got a bunch he's only thrown for a week and turns around and sells them for the cost of plugging and drilling. Must be nice to drill whatever you want anytime you want. I'm guessing he tries them all so he can give an objective opinion on them and keeps using the ones he really likes.

Chats: 1

If he doesn't have it, my PSO will get and drill just about any brand of ball out on the market. Although he doesn't do the amount of business that he used to, he has displays for all of the major companies set up in his shop.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Our PSO has a little different approach......He stocks, Ebonite, Hammer, Columbia 300. When I asked why not Storm, Brunswick, Radical, Track and other brands, he said I can order them. My policy is I only sell balls made in America. Now I don't know about ball manufacturing whether it takes place in the US or outside but that's his take for stocking his brands. I asked what about the accessories and things, shoes, bags, and everything else in your shop. Its all made in the US? Wasn't sure on that. Since he has a monopoly with his shop is inside the lanes he tells folks what he wants. Very few Pro Shops in my area to choose from.
    While I applaude his patriotism, I really do wonder if what he says is true about where balls are made.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Pryamid balls are made in China. My son just got his two days ago with a sticker that said Made in China. Those are exclusive to Bowlingball.com though, it's their brand. That said, I see nothing wrong with it at all. It's fine for my son's first ball. I know there is a major brand or brands made in Mexico but I don't remember which one. It would be rather ironic if it's Ebonite who also owns Hammer. I'm not sure if they own Columbia or not.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Outerlimits View Post
    Our PSO has a little different approach......He stocks, Ebonite, Hammer, Columbia 300. When I asked why not Storm, Brunswick, Radical, Track and other brands, he said I can order them. My policy is I only sell balls made in America. Now I don't know about ball manufacturing whether it takes place in the US or outside but that's his take for stocking his brands. I asked what about the accessories and things, shoes, bags, and everything else in your shop. Its all made in the US? Wasn't sure on that. Since he has a monopoly with his shop is inside the lanes he tells folks what he wants. Very few Pro Shops in my area to choose from.
    While I applaude his patriotism, I really do wonder if what he says is true about where balls are made.
    That and he's probably signed up with the Ebonite pro shop program and can't stock the competitors brands.

But yes some balls are poured in the US, some in mexico and in China.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that Pryamid balls are made in China. My son just got his two days ago with a sticker that said Made in China. Those are exclusive to Bowlingball.com though, it's their brand. That said, I see nothing wrong with it at all. It's fine for my son's first ball. I know there is a major brand or brands made in Mexico but I don't remember which one. It would be rather ironic if it's Ebonite who also owns Hammer. I'm not sure if they own Columbia or not.
    Yes Ebonitemakes several product brands - Ebonite, Hammer, Robby’s, Columbia 300, Track, VanTech, and Powerhouse I dont know all off hand.

Pyramid is made in China, from my experience and what Ive read from other. The balls are good and durable and take to surface changes okay.

Brunswick is made in Mexico.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller

Kind of off topic but as you can probably see by my name here I am into boating. I have a Sea Ray boat and Brunswick owns Sea Ray (and I think a few other brands). A few months ago they announced they were selling the Sea Ray brand. I heard it was to focus on their sporting equipment line. Not sure if they were selling the other boat companies they own too though.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Kind of off topic but as you can probably see by my name here I am into boating. I have a Sea Ray boat and Brunswick owns Sea Ray (and I think a few other brands). A few months ago they announced they were selling the Sea Ray brand. I heard it was to focus on their sporting equipment line. Not sure if they were selling the other boat companies they own too though.
    Brunswick sold the bowling part of the business a few years ago to a private equity firm that kept the name.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Brunswick sold the bowling part of the business a few years ago to a private equity firm that kept the name.
    ok. i was under the impression they still owned the bowling line. i think they own a few brands of boat (Bayliner, Ranger, Sea Ray IIRC). seem to be slimming down then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast