Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll finally be able to record some great bowling videos

Chats: 0

Okay Hudl is a great program but I cannot figure out how to get the videos off of the tablet and onto my PC. It apparently doesn't save them in the DCIM folder. I can't find them on neither the iPad nor the Android tablet, I took videos with both. The iPad shows that the internal storage has been used. You guys have any ideas how to get them off of these tablets so I can edit them?

High Roller

Sorry. Haven't used mine yet other than to see how it looks.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Okay Hudl is a great program but I cannot figure out how to get the videos off of the tablet and onto my PC. It apparently doesn't save them in the DCIM folder. I can't find them on neither the iPad nor the Android tablet, I took videos with both. The iPad shows that the internal storage has been used. You guys have any ideas how to get them off of these tablets so I can edit them?
    ios download video

https://www.hudl.com/support/classic...ad-video-1#ios

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

One of the great things about having an app like Hudl or Coach’s Eye is the intant feedback. As you get more into coaching others, you will really appreciate being able to show a bowler how out of whack they are, and to be able to draw on the screen to show them how it should look. Admittedly, if you are doing video of yourself to analyze you might not want to stop to analyze while you’re still on the lane.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    One of the great things about having an app like Hudl or Coach’s Eye is the intant feedback. As you get more into coaching others, you will really appreciate being able to show a bowler how out of whack they are, and to be able to draw on the screen to show them how it should look. Admittedly, if you are doing video of yourself to analyze you might not want to stop to analyze while you’re still on the lane.
    You're correct, when I'm doing them of myself I'll watch them after I get home. Before I go I try to have a plan on what to work on. When I review it, hopefully I did what I planned on and in the process didn't cause any new problems. I also depends on if I'm alone, if I am I may do it on the spot because I never try to be in a rush. Before working at a bowling alley and I was paying hourly obviously I'd try to bowl as much as I could. Now if a game takes me 45 minutes it takes 45 minutes, it's only 50 cents either way. Right now my stamina sucks anyway. 5 games yesterday, 4 today with wife and I'm beat.

Back on subject....I do like this hudl program a lot, combined with being able to put my tripod just about anywhere I want it's awesome. Plus having PinPal I really feel I got some great tools to work with. When I do coach I'll need to find something more robust than PinPal to track stats for multiple people. Only problem I had today with Hudl is that I ran out of space on the iPad so my recording today just errors out. I'm trying to do what Bowl said in the last post he put up and seeing if that works to get my videos off the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I tried and I don't get that screen or all those icons on the side. All I have is "Video, Community, Team, Profile and Record" I'm thinking I have to "Go Elite" and pay the 7.99 a month or 49.99 a year to be able to do that. That kinda bites, I guess it's too good to be true for free. I'll have to think about it. In the meantime I'll just do what I've been doing. I'll use the regular recording iPad app if I want to save it and see it on the tv. Unless there is another app like it that is free but I doubt it.

Chats: 256

I tried and I don't get that screen or all those icons on the side. All I have is "Video, Community, Team, Profile and Record" I'm thinking I have to "Go Elite" and pay the 7.99 a month or 49.99 a year to be able to do that. That kinda bites, I guess it's too good to be true for free. I'll have to think about it. In the meantime I'll just do what I've been doing. I'll use the regular recording iPad app if I want to save it and see it on the tv. Unless there is another app like it that is free but I doubt it.
    For a video you have recorded go to the Share option and "Save to Camera Roll". Then you go into your Photos app and the video is there.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    For a video you have recorded go to the Share option and "Save to Camera Roll". Then you go into your Photos app and the video is there.
    Yeah it doesn't show up when you plug the tablet into a pc though.It creates a folder called ubersense and the "videos" are in there however they are all 0:00 long and blank when you open it with VLC so I don't understand that one. I figured it out though. It's a real PITA but I got them now. I had to share and email it to myself to gmail then sync that to google pictures then download them from there. So I have to upload them off the tablet to my email then sync, then download to pc. LOL Not exactly efficient way to go about it.

I think unless I NEED to use frame by frame I'll just stick with the regular basic video app. That way I just plug the tablet into laptop, open it as a drive. Drag the video over to the pc and done. I can then edit it or throw it on a thumb drive and pop it in my TV which does do slow motion anyway. Not as good as Hudl but enough for my purpose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12