Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pyramid ball coming "Pathogen Plague"

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default New Pyramid ball coming "Pathogen Plague"

Okay, New ball coming out from the Pharaohs at Pyramid Bowling, What is it I don't know? Urethane?

Just showed up on the Usbc approved ball list

I've been watching and waiting for one from them for a while, but I'm just about ready to order a True Motion or Pitch Black in the next few days, got the money saved up (needed a $175 for the whole nut).

I don't know if I can wait much longer.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-02-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Sure looks like urethane
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Sure looks like urethane
    Okay just found out it's a Urethane. Don't know the spec's or what the core looks like, but URETHANE!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Okay just found out it's a Urethane. Don't know the spec's or what the core looks like, but URETHANE!
    This new Pyramid ball will contain the New Era 139 core, as found in the previous Pathogens in the series.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 2

I used to be all about throwing Pyramid. Then the Blood Moon ruined me lol. LOVED that ball, if it would stay in one piece lol. Went through 2 of them before I finally said enough is enough. Had a Chosen Path Pearl, Divergent Path, and the Blood Moon. Never had an issue with either path, but that Blood Moon kept cracking from the filler material out and would just crater a ball lol. First one took about 45 games, 2nd one happened in less than 5. Great company though, just wondering if I got the short end of the stick when it came to the Blood Moon.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    I used to be all about throwing Pyramid. Then the Blood Moon ruined me lol. LOVED that ball, if it would stay in one piece lol. Went through 2 of them before I finally said enough is enough. Had a Chosen Path Pearl, Divergent Path, and the Blood Moon. Never had an issue with either path, but that Blood Moon kept cracking from the filler material out and would just crater a ball lol. First one took about 45 games, 2nd one happened in less than 5. Great company though, just wondering if I got the short end of the stick when it came to the Blood Moon.
    The Blood Moon was the only Pyramid ball poured by 900 Global and the only one made outside of China And according to Bowlingball the only Pyramid ball with any cracking issues.

The Pyramids I have seem pretty durable.

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    The Blood Moon did crack easily. Pyramid has since released the Blood Moon Rising and it is making huge waves in bowling centers across the country. Lots of high series and 300's. If you have Facebook, check out Pyramid's page. There are quite a few videos and photos posted of the honor scores with the Blood Moon Rising as well.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    The Blood Moon did crack easily. Pyramid has since released the Blood Moon Rising and it is making huge waves in bowling centers across the country. Lots of high series and 300's. If you have Facebook, check out Pyramid's page. There are quite a few videos and photos posted of the honor scores with the Blood Moon Rising as well.
    I still pay attention to them. The Rising does look awesome, but it just doesn't fit into my arsenal at the moment. And I did know that 900 Global poured the Blood Moon. I actually sent the first one back to bowlingball.com. Wonder if they ever found anything out about it lol
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Something came today while I was at league and here's a sneak peek.

Just pulled it out of the box and I can tell you this just touching it you'll go "YEAH BABY" that's the stuff.

Pathogen Plague
    Color: Black Urethane
    Breakpoint Shape: Controllable Arc
    Core Name: New Era 139 (as found in previous Pathogen releases)
    Core Type: Symmetric
    Coverstock Name: GPS Navigational Urethane
    Diff: 0.032
    Finish: Matte (1000 Abralon)
    Flare Potential: 3-4" (Medium)
    Lane Condition: Dry
    Perfect Scale: 142.2
    RG: 2.54

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Something came today while I was at league and here's a sneak peek.

Just pulled it out of the box and I can tell you this just touching it you'll go "YEAH BABY" that's the stuff.

Pathogen Plague
    Color: Black Urethane
    Breakpoint Shape: Controllable Arc
    Core Name: New Era 139 (as found in previous Pathogen releases)
    Core Type: Symmetric
    Coverstock Name: GPS Navigational Urethane
    Diff: 0.032
    Finish: Matte (1000 Abralon)
    Flare Potential: 3-4" (Medium)
    Lane Condition: Dry
    Perfect Scale: 142.2
    RG: 2.54
    She's a beaut!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast