Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slobs and disrespectful idiots

Ringer
    Chats: 0

[/quote] Back then music being played at the bowling only took place in the pub section not on the lanes. For the most part everyone was trying to compete or do the best they could including the girls. I think bottom line is any kid that's willing to wake up early on a Saturday morning to bowl every week wasn't gonna be nimrods. The nimrods would probably rather sleep in. LOL Another reason that kept everyone in check is most kids had their parents bowling there on leagues and management knew them. My mom was a bartender there so rest assured she'd find out if I was acting like a fool.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I did not bowl competitively as a kid but i always wanted to do my best. even as a teen I was wild but was still there to bowl as well as I could even in a group setting. BTW my dad tended bar at a center (alley with a bar and not bar with some lanes). he was a pretty descent bowler in his day and taught me lane etiquette at a young age.

Its sad to say that common courtesy is not so common anymore. Its sad really.

Pin Crusher

I noticed how common courtesy has disappeared in our last election. Even before when a member of the house of Representatives yells "you lie" at the POTUS during the state of the union speech. Everything is getting worse.

I hate to say it but I will - "Back in the day" - which was a loonnnngggg time ago when my Dad was running the bowling alleys you did not dare do anything that would cause him to get angry. Child discipline was very different back then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12