Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your bowling center make you PRE-pay for open bowling?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Most places in Milwaukee are pre-pay. A couple of places where I know the guys will let me go out without, but that's about the extent of it.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

SandBagger

I pay after bowling, but I think that may be because I am a trusted person. I don't think that it is the standard policy because I distinctly remember seeing other people pay before bowling. That said, I bring a group of school kids to the bowling center for eight weeks in a row in the winter time. The bowling center does not require any payment until the final week.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Ringer

I believe most of the centers in my area are pre pay, either by game or by hour. but I do remember bowling and then settling the bill when you were done. I suppose it has a lot to do with most places now catering to casual bowling, parties etc. kind of like how it used to be with pumping gas when you pay after you are done but now it is all pre pay to avoid gas and go drive aways.

the family wanted to go to the local lanes on friday afternoon for dinner, they have killer onion rings. I brought my balls thinking we may bowl a game but the place was packed withe parties and teens goofing around. It surprised me a bit because it was only like 5:00. needless to say I did not even bother getting my bag from the car. the rings and patty melt were tasty though.

Most places here are prepay. The center I normally practice at used to not make you prepay, but in the last couple years they changed policy and make you pay before bowling. Although, depending on who is working the counter, I can get around that and pay after.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

I worked last night and I guess Sundays are $6 per person unlimited bowling + shoes after 7pm to close. That's a pretty darn good deal. I actually got to see some decent bowlers who came in for that. One was a lady in her mid 20's who was REALLY darn good. She had a beautiful approach and threw a very nice ball, bowling alone. She was on game 22 when I left at 10:30. Easy 200 average. Even with a set price like that they still pay at the end.

Ringer

that is a pretty good price. around here there are usually some pretty good specials on off hours. usually 9:00PM to close

That deal doesn't of course work for everyone, if they are only gonna bowl a couple of games it's a no brainer if you do the math. You'd have to bowl at least 3 games to make it worth it. But for actual bowling enthusiasts it's not bad which is why I actually seen some in there for a change vs. your night out power drinkers. Plus they get some nice fresh oil because I did it at 6 last night. Since I left an hour and a half before close I'd bet anything that woman probably bowled 30 games. She didn't look like she was leaving anytime soon when I left. I'd have dropped dead by game 15. LOL

Chats: 10

I prepay. I know how man6 I will do, generally 5 and I’m done.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Bowler

When I'm not on a league and not lying for the rate I go for the late night all you can bowl specials. I went to a new alley once larkfield lanes.. old..but new to me..and when we were done the punk tried to charge my friend and i 50 bucks. I said isn't it 9 bucks all you can bowl. He said if you want the special you have to tell me first.. we had an argument and finally watched him adjust the price all the way down. Then i called the manager the next day. Sometimes a place will ask for 10 bucks and I say league rate I'm only bowling 2 games. I'm not running out without paying relax.

Thank goodness there is no pre-pay at my local lanes. When I open bowl, I really do not know how many games I will bowl.
    Depends on lane conditions, how I feel, and the enviroment (other bowlers near me).

I would think pre-paying would discourage playing longer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast