Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does your bowling center make you PRE-pay for open bowling?

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jamoke View Post
    Thank goodness there is no pre-pay at my local lanes. When I open bowl, I really do not know how many games I will bowl.
    Depends on lane conditions, how I feel, and the enviroment (other bowlers near me).

I would think pre-paying would discourage playing longer.
    Agreed. Went a few weeks ago and planned on bowling 1 game. Ended up bowling 3. If I had pre-paid I probably wouldn't have stayed. I went to the shooting range today to shoot me new gun. It is an indoor range and you pay by the hour. You pay when you are done. Last time we went we ended up staying about 90 minutes so they made extra money from us. If we had pre-paid we would have left.

Chats: 0

Maybe if there are good bowlers bowling next to a bunch of knuckleheads and everyone pre-pays then it's easier to find out how long the knuckleheads are gonna be there? That way you know when you can get down to business. Well...provided you don't get a new bunch of them after the first ones leave.

Depending where I go it changes. I practice on Sunday mornings and one house I go to pre pays and one does not. It does not matter to me. It tends to be less busy then so not to many distractions. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

I do not prepay where I go. They set me up with a lane and bowl however many games I like. I never really know how many games I'll play so I think it's better this way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123