Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slide vs. Plant

nice vids allten, very solid at the line, decent follow through, good knee bend, and excellent background music. Didn't know the suace was that smooth a ball.
    Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything!

Haha, guru. 6-7 games before you have to stop? I'm impressed, but I can beat that.

2 hours, $10, 14 games
    16 lb Rattler

All Times...

High Score: 216
    High Series: 460
    High Average: 157
    Low Score: 98
    Low Series: 308
    Low Average: 98

Quote Originally Posted by TJSieling View Post
    Haha, guru. 6-7 games before you have to stop? I'm impressed, but I can beat that.

2 hours, $10, 14 games
    on any giving saturday night i,ll throw about that many as well.
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

Quote Originally Posted by BXTECH View Post
    nice vids allten, very solid at the line, decent follow through, good knee bend, and excellent background music. Didn't know the suace was that smooth a ball.
    Yeah the sauce is a lot smoother than the usually hammer skid snap balls they produce. I can actually rev that ball up a lot more but the shot in the video didn't call for it. So I basicly let the ball take the work. Next time I go video I might put tape white tape on the top of my bowling ball near the fingers. I was told it is a good way to count the revs.

I love that sauce ball. I rolled it this past Thursday and won 17 - 0 with a 234,235, 207. I only have 5 more weeks to get my 200 ave so I can get my pba card but I might be running out of time.

Thanks again for the compliment.
    Brent Dolan www.alltenback.com
    USBC average to date 201, USBC High Game 278,USBC High Series 713, Newest Video Post

Until recently I'd have said I was a planter, but I now realize that I do slide a very little bit. Just enough that I don't have any problems with my knee and can bowl until my right arm gets tired. After just six games my right arm usually calls it quitting time! If I was to totally plant I'd probably mess up my left knee. That never happens.

Chats: 0

Default New to the boards here...

But i tend to plant my foot as well. I do have a little slide but whenever i try and slide my foot more it seems i end up naturally "halting" the motion and throws my balance off. I definitely dont slide alot and like mentioned, it feels really strange to release the ball while sliding for me as well.

Default question regarding your technique

Quote Originally Posted by alltenback View Post
    Your style(technique) seems very similar to mine. One thing that lately has been bothering me is balance though. Not sure why. Maybe dipping my right shoulder too much or not keeping head straight. im going to video tape this weekend. Do you ever have balance issues. I also ask because like you i kick my leg up in the air vs sliding it back behind me on the floor.

Thunder-Hammer!

hmm, on this note, I feel I am more of a planter...If I try to slide my foot, I seem to lose balance and fall forward a bit. I'll have to pay a little more attention next time Im at the lanes.
    I'm Donny!

Arsenal= all in 15# Hammer Black Widow Venom, BW Clear, Hot sauce, Hammer Clear hammer(my collectible), and Emerald Vibe.

Ebonite Magic , and an Ebonite Maxim spareball

I'm proud to be a member of bowlingboards.com Bowling Forums!!!

i slide and stop just before release i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by TJSieling View Post

2 hours, $10, 14 games
    omg!!!!!!! ..... -_-

I once bowled 22 games in an hour and a half to two hours, and at the time i shot my high game ever on that 22nd game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast