Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Cheat Sheet

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default Arsenal Cheat Sheet

Does something like this exist here or otherwise? If not I was thinking of building one and taking input on pairing ball needs for bowlers by roll type, lane conditions. That way when someone is shopping for a new ball they can look at RGs and Diff to see where they need to fill gaps.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    Does something like this exist here or otherwise? If not I was thinking of building one and taking input on pairing ball needs for bowlers by roll type, lane conditions. That way when someone is shopping for a new ball they can look at RGs and Diff to see where they need to fill gaps.
    By roll type, lane conditions might be a little ambitious.

But For doing comparisons there's:

Bowling This Months the:

At-a-Glance Ball Comparison Table
    https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bow...parison-table/

Bowling Ball Comparison Graph (But it's kind cluttered confusing)
    https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bow...parison-graph/

Bowling Ball Comparison (Type in ball name and it compares them.)
    https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/ball-comparison

There was the Ball Review spreadsheet that I updated till I handed it off, But it ended a few months later when BTM stopped the printed magazine. But it still is a good archive and has a good format for ball compares.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fzo/edit#gid=0

Bowlingball.com's ball compare tool is useful, but is limited to 5 balls

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 1

Years ago, one of the editors at Bowling this Month put together a website that would identify what holes you have in your arsenal. It would also recommend balls to fill some of the holes. I thought it was an interesting concept.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 256

For an arsenal you'll want 4 types of ball motions.

Continuous
    Angular
    Traction
    Straight

https://www.bowling4less.com/pages/traction-chart

The site linked above has a list of quite a few balls and which category they fall in.
    I fell it helps to know ball motion as part of your ball buying decision.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Bowler

Thank you all these are all great.
    Funny thing is it feels like I have a hole in my arsenal but according to that bowling4less link I have all 4 covered. (I tried to be mindful of needs when I bought them)

Continuous - Columbia300 Swerve
    Angular - Hammer Bad A$$
    Traction - Storm Optimus Solid
    Straight - DV8 Polyester

I still come to times when it feels like all are “too much ball” but I can’t quite get movement on the plastic either.

Your needs probably depend on how many different conditions you think you'll bowl on. for me (I'll bowl one or two tournament a year not at my regular houses). I look for two balls that read early and two that read late. One each with a lot of hook and one each with a mild hook. That and a spare ball covers most conditions i find well enough for me.

Chats: 2

Funny thing is it feels like I have a hole in my arsenal but according to that bowling4less link I have all 4 covered. (I tried to be mindful of needs when I bought them)

Angular - Hammer Bad A$$
    Straight - DV8 Polyester

I still come to times when it feels like all are “too much ball” but I can’t quite get movement on the plastic either.
    That chart tells me I don't have anything angular lol. I beg to differ. My Phaze II and Show Off are about as angular as angular can get. Timeless is pretty continuous and smooth. Hot Cell definitely has the traction. But Pitch Black has JUST AS MUCH traction as the Hot Cell, just has the symmetrical core in it so it doesn't jump as much on the fresh.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    That chart tells me I don't have anything angular lol. I beg to differ. My Phaze II and Show Off are about as angular as angular can get. Timeless is pretty continuous and smooth. Hot Cell definitely has the traction. But Pitch Black has JUST AS MUCH traction as the Hot Cell, just has the symmetrical core in it so it doesn't jump as much on the fresh.
    Angularity has as much to do with the bowler as it does the ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Angular - Hammer Bad A$$
    Straight - DV8 Polyester

The gap I see is between the Optimus and plastic. I'd fill that gap with something in the lower mid range.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBowlingGuy View Post
    The gap I see is between the Optimus and plastic. I'd fill that gap with something in the lower mid range.
    Something like the Yeah Baby, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast