Thread: Video upload sites?

Chats: 0

Default Video upload sites?

Bowl1820, this is most likely for you. I want to put a video of my kid bowling so I can get some help. I don't like the thought of putting it up for the world to see like Youtube. Is there a site that doesn't have the traffic like Youtube where I can keep this private for only this site somehow?

Also if you know of a non-complicated free video editor so I can clip it would be great too

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Bowl1820, this is most likely for you. I want to put a video of my kid bowling so I can get some help. I don't like the thought of putting it up for the world to see like Youtube. Is there a site that doesn't have the traffic like Youtube where I can keep this private for only this site somehow?

Also if you know of a non-complicated free video editor so I can clip it would be great too
    I don't know particularly much about the other video upload sites, Youtube is the main one and most sites like this one are geared to using it.

A option for Youtube is to set the video to "Unlisted" which means your video will not come up in the youtube search results or on your channel either, Only those who know the link or you post it can view it.

You could also put it on a cloud storage like Icloud, Idrive just got to make sure your link allows people to view it.

As for editors there bunches of them.

Windows Movie Maker comes on a lot of desktops/laptops so you might already have it (or can be downloaded) and is pretty simple.

Avidemux is a free and popular video editor for simple cutting, filtering and encoding.
    http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Okay, I've never uploaded on Youtube before but I will do what you said. Yeah I don't really want video's of my kids or even myself coming up in a search LOL

I'll give Avidemux a shot. Thanks Bowl! I knew you'd have the answer like always. =)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I went back and took a look it's been awhile since I played around with avid, it might not be that clear on how to use.

Some other options are
    Windows Movie Maker (This would be the simplest one)
    https://www.windows-movie-maker.org/

Openshot (I use Shotcut which is a different build of the samething this one just has a bit simpler interface)
    https://www.openshot.org/

VideoPad Video Editor (look for where it says: Get it Free. A free video editor version is available for non-commercial use only. If you will be using it at home you can download the free version here.)
    http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-05-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

You didn't have to go through all that LOL I appreciate it though. I'll give those a try. I looked through and I didn't really have any worth wild video of my son that wasn't herky jerky that I would have chose to edit and upload. When my tripod adapter comes this week I'll get MUCH better video. All I want to do is be able to cut out the parts that aren't relevant like him waiting for someone on the next lane to bowl or scratching himself or something to upload a quality video.