Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy bowling shirts?

Chats: 0

Default Where to buy bowling shirts?

My son wants a bowling shirt. Even when he's going with me to work he has a little ritual of wearing a polo shirt and dress pants. In a pinch he'll wear athletic pants with the polo too. Normally he's a t-shirt, tank top or hoodie kid depending on the weather shorts or athletic pants. He likes to feel formal on the lanes I guess LOL I think it's kinda cute myself.

He's asked if I could buy him a bowling polo with his name on it. He don't like the jersey type and frankly neither do it, never have. He wants one in black with orange on it to match his new bag, ball and shoes. All I have found online so far are $50+ and that's just the shirt without any embroidering. Anyone know of a place that I can get one including embroidering somewhat more affordable than that?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

You might try ebay and source the embroidering locally.

Example I like this more retro style:
    Hilton - Cruiser Bowling Shirt - HP2243 - $25
    https://www.ebay.com/i/162668350951?...r=461673157142

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I don't have an ebay account, I should have mentioned that. I cancelled it years ago because I had bad things happen when I was a consignment seller and I refuse to use Paypal either. I got burned for $2,100.00 because of ebay, an expensive lesson I won't learn twice.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I have bought a "performance polo" from Academy Sports and had it embroidered locally. Caught the shirts on sale for like $9 a piece. I think even regular price was like $20. I also use an under armor style shirt under the polo since they are the thin moisture wicking kind. Have also bought polo jerseys.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Polo Shirt

Compression Shirt

Just do a black shirt with Orange stitching.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    My son wants a bowling shirt. Even when he's going with me to work he has a little ritual of wearing a polo shirt and dress pants. In a pinch he'll wear athletic pants with the polo too. Normally he's a t-shirt, tank top or hoodie kid depending on the weather shorts or athletic pants. He likes to feel formal on the lanes I guess LOL I think it's kinda cute myself.

He's asked if I could buy him a bowling polo with his name on it. He don't like the jersey type and frankly neither do it, never have. He wants one in black with orange on it to match his new bag, ball and shoes. All I have found online so far are $50+ and that's just the shirt without any embroidering. Anyone know of a place that I can get one including embroidering somewhat more affordable than that?
    I order my shirts from a company called VIS Sportswear. They are based out of Italy. Any design you can think of, their designers will take care of it. Last one I bought wasn't too long ago, and it took about a month to get here but it DEFINITELY turns heads. If you want more info, I can get with you on FB or something and get you in contact with my designer. Super lightweight, dye-sublimated and look amazing. If I could ever figure out how to post pictures in here, I would do that for you lol
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Here's a link to the one on my instagram. I'm more a fan of the jersey style myself, but they can literally do ANYTHING your mind can think of https://www.instagram.com/p/BUZi_g4l...by=r_wilson_23
    Last edited by chip82901; 03-06-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    I order my shirts from a company called VIS Sportswear. They are based out of Italy. Any design you can think of, their designers will take care of it. Last one I bought wasn't too long ago, and it took about a month to get here but it DEFINITELY turns heads. If you want more info, I can get with you on FB or something and get you in contact with my designer. Super lightweight, dye-sublimated and look amazing. If I could ever figure out how to post pictures in here, I would do that for you lol
    Whoa, their website is in Italian LOL He doesn't need anything fancy shmancy right yet, he pretty much wants to look nice and wear colors that match his current equipment. If the day comes he's good enough to be in the Junior Gold or something, then I'll get the designer stuff for him. I found a site that is 25 for the shirt and 18 for the embroidery. It's under 50 bucks for both so that's good.

Most sites the shirts seem to start at 50+ embroidery. This is what I was looking for and he said he likes it. Lady said she'll cut me a deal because he's a youth and a better deal if I get one for myself. She's a good salesman, I wasn't planning on getting one quite yet but I might as well. It's not like I'm gonna grow out of it like he will.
    http://www.americanbowlingapparel.co...13_Shirts.html

Chats: 55

bowlifi.com has a special on custom zip up polo style jerseys for $29. You can have the ball brand or no logo and the name on the back for extra $15.

They look nice...all different color combos. I ordered a plain one to see if I like it, but haven't received yet. I noticed a few orange colored ones with black, not sure if any were black with orange. I believe these are screen printed not embroidering - and the screen printing will last longer and look better longer.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Whoa, their website is in Italian LOL He doesn't need anything fancy shmancy right yet, he pretty much wants to look nice and wear colors that match his current equipment. If the day comes he's good enough to be in the Junior Gold or something, then I'll get the designer stuff for him. I found a site that is 25 for the shirt and 18 for the embroidery. It's under 50 bucks for both so that's good.

Most sites the shirts seem to start at 50+ embroidery. This is what I was looking for and he said he likes it. Lady said she'll cut me a deal because he's a youth and a better deal if I get one for myself. She's a good salesman, I wasn't planning on getting one quite yet but I might as well. It's not like I'm gonna grow out of it like he will.
    http://www.americanbowlingapparel.co...13_Shirts.html
    Their website is definitely in italian yes lol. But they have a FB page that isn't, and their designer is here in the states and is amazing (South Carolina I believe). Like I said, for comfort alone, and for $40 less than you'd see a High 5 shirt. They also just got approved by PWBA for use this upcoming season, and I heard somewhere that Storm was doing something with them. Excellent shirts though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast