Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordered my first new ball in 20+ years tonight

Chats: 0

My new ball has been done since Thursday but unfortunately I haven't been able to pick it up yet. My hours at work have been during the PSO's hours and it looks to be that way most if not all this week. Oh well....it's not going anywhere. At least it's paid for. It doesn't help that my Tahoe is down and I have to get rides to and from work from wifey. Her's is better on gas anyway, she goes through less to and from twice than I do once.

What a tease! I was going to get my ball tonight since I was off, got a call a bit ago and they want me to work tonight. LOL Looks like next week now. The anticipation is killing me. I can't complain though. I do want to say my PSO (my friend) really took care of me on the ball. I didn't know but he charged me only what he paid for the ball from the supplier. I was shocked what they mark up REALLY is. I won't divulge the price of the Rip'd but I will say that even if I ordered it online would have cost much more not even taking drilling into consideration. Drilling he wasn't going to charge me anything for including inserts but I couldn't do that.

If he don't want to charge for the drilling that's one thing but no free inserts. Now he'd be losing money, not much but that's not the point. I threw a 20 by his drill press when he wasn't looking. I realize he knows I'm not rolling in money but I won't let him lose it on me. He already said I can walk in and use his spinner and oven anytime I want no charge. What he don't know is I talked the boss at work into printing up a sign to advertise his shop.

I grabbed a stack of business cards and flyers when I was there and placed them on our counter at work. I put my name on the back of them all. I also carry a stack in my wallet also with my name on them. I hand them out and tell them to mention me when they see him. Boss has been best friends with him for years, I couldn't believe he hasn't done this on his own in all that time. It's the least I can do and I've handed out quite a few already. He's doing well at his location, always busy. Hopefully I can add to it for him.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    What a tease! I was going to get my ball tonight since I was off, got a call a bit ago and they want me to work tonight. LOL Looks like next week now. The anticipation is killing me. I can't complain though. I do want to say my PSO (my friend) really took care of me on the ball. I didn't know but he charged me only what he paid for the ball from the supplier. I was shocked what they mark up REALLY is. I won't divulge the price of the Rip'd but I will say that even if I ordered it online would have cost much more not even taking drilling into consideration. Drilling he wasn't going to charge me anything for including inserts but I couldn't do that.

If he don't want to charge for the drilling that's one thing but no free inserts. Now he'd be losing money, not much but that's not the point. I threw a 20 by his drill press when he wasn't looking. I realize he knows I'm not rolling in money but I won't let him lose it on me. He already said I can walk in and use his spinner and oven anytime I want no charge. What he don't know is I talked the boss at work into printing up a sign to advertise his shop.

I grabbed a stack of business cards and flyers when I was there and placed them on our counter at work. I put my name on the back of them all. I also carry a stack in my wallet also with my name on them. I hand them out and tell them to mention me when they see him. Boss has been best friends with him for years, I couldn't believe he hasn't done this on his own in all that time. It's the least I can do and I've handed out quite a few already. He's doing well at his location, always busy. Hopefully I can add to it for him.
    Apparently Bowling and marketing just don't travel in the same gene pool. The opportunities missed and the general inability to adjust outstand me
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Apparently Bowling and marketing just don't travel in the same gene pool. The opportunities missed and the general inability to adjust outstand me
    In all fairness my PSO is in a different bowling alley. There isn't enough serious bowlers where I work to warrant a pro shop. They always recommend this PSO when someone inquires but until now never advertised for him. We have a show case behind our counter with some misc items. Towels, several varieties of tape, new skin, sticky rosin bags and some "I love bowling" t-shirts. A pathetic selection and sad calling it a show case is a huge stretch but in the time I've worked there I've sold one package of tape. Most of that stuff has been collecting dust for eons. They sell more candy bars than bowling stuff.

I told the boss, why not put that stuff in a vending machine and turn the show case into a place to put top shelf alcohol instead? They'd make a heck of a lot more money off of that. It raised his eyebrow but I doubt it will happen. At least he agreed to help out the PSO more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12