Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first video

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Or are you talking camera placement?.
    camera placement

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

When you say more behind it, are you saying cup my wrist more? Or are you talking camera placement? In the front view you can notice my foot is slightly to the right. I walk normally like that, I tried all my life to fix it I just can't. I'm pigeon toed and that's all there is to it, sadly so are all 3 of my kids and my daughter is the worst of all. I've tried to make my foot perfectly straight but I about fall over every time I do it. I just have accepted it, it is what it is.
    Man those pillars would get on my nerves. As far as technique goes it looks pretty good I don't see anything glaring the start of the swing seems to be a little inside of the shoulder I might try to move that out a little more. Timing looks good
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

After re-reading I figured. Now as far as content, anything jump out at you that you can see Bowl1820?

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Man those pillars would get on my nerves. As far as technique goes it looks pretty good I don't see anything glaring the start of the swing seems to be a little inside of the shoulder I might try to move that out a little more. Timing looks good
    I'm used to the pillars, they were intrusive at first. No worse than a ball return at the foul line. I was notorious for kicking them on even lanes in my delivery, drove me crazy especially on cross alley. That's what happens when your 4 foot of legs. LOL There are really only 3 lanes in the house where you either don't have a pillar or walls. Lane 2, 6 & 10. They are talking about a remodel soon where they are adding more lanes. I've heard 8-12 more but it seems to change daily. I have no idea how or where they are doing this but maybe they can find a way to do something with the pillars.

So your saying hold the ball more to the right of my body?
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-09-2018 at 04:12 PM.

High Roller

hey. i had a mullet in the late 80's. keep telling my kids one day they will be back in style...lol

Pretty nice job, Phoneman. Your place kind of reminds me of the lanes down in the basement of the Union Hall at the Univ. of Illinois with the pillars and all.
    Even with your not too high backswing you get lots of speed. I'd say that it's muscling it some. Your steps appear to be short and fast. The weight of the ball stays in your right hand about the entire time of each shot. I'd try to get more of the weight of the ball supported from underneath by the left hand and arm to allow your right hand and arm to be much more relaxed.
    While watching you roll a few, I switched over to watch Pete Weber in another YouTube video with his much higher backswing and smooth delivery with his sweeping hook into the pocket. Your shots are right on target with a bit of action on the backend from what I could see. Nice ball! Now I'll just shut up...

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    hey. i had a mullet in the late 80's. keep telling my kids one day they will be back in style...lol
    In all fairness, wifey seems to be right about the tips. I do seem to get pretty good ones from the ladies, it's certainly not because of my bartending skills because I suck at it. I had one the other day say she needed a pic with me to prove to her hubby that she was really at a bowling alley. I told her take a selfie with the lanes behind her. She insisted taking the pic with me. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. Okay, back to bowling critique instead of hair. This is BOWLINGBOARDS not ElizabethArdon.com folks.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-09-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

After re-reading I figured. Now as far as content, anything jump out at you that you can see Bowl1820?

Release might be a little late, looks like your hitting up on the ball a bit. as you can see the ball has slight up ward motion. You can see it in the review view some just as you release.

You want to improve the flat spot, soften the knee just a bit and project the ball on to the lane..

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Pretty nice job, Phoneman. Your place kind of reminds me of the lanes down in the basement of the Union Hall at the Univ. of Illinois with the pillars and all.
    Even with your not too high backswing you get lots of speed. I'd say that it's muscling it some. Your steps appear to be short and fast. The weight of the ball stays in your right hand about the entire time of each shot. I'd try to get more of the weight of the ball supported from underneath by the left hand and arm to allow your right hand and arm to be much more relaxed.
    While watching you roll a few, I switched over to watch Pete Weber in another YouTube video with his much higher backswing and smooth delivery with his sweeping hook into the pocket. Your shots are right on target with a bit of action on the backend from what I could see. Nice ball! Now I'll just shut up...
    Now that you point that out I put my left hand behind the ball and support it soley with my right. I never noticed, thank you. I did have to put a little more velocity on it that night because the lanes were bone dry, it was a desert no matter where I played even far inside. The pinchaser didn't show up and I was the only one working the counter and parties all day so I couldn't oil. Apparently the next guy didn't either, supposed to be done daily. So, I figured I'd take the more down an in approach, flattened out some, cut down on revs and quicker steps to compensate. I didn't think I was muscling it but your probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Release might be a little late, looks like your hitting up on the ball a bit. as you can see the ball has slight up ward motion. You can see it in the review view some just as you release.

You want to improve the flat spot, soften the knee just a bit and project the ball on to the lane..

Yeah that's what I was talking about in another post the other day under "thumb savers" I'm not getting out clean as I'd like. I'm hoping that the new ball will help, I'm gonna have my PSO tweak the pitch so hopefully I can get out faster. This is definitely a struggling point for me and very frustrating. If the new ball don't help then I have to do some drills and work hard on it.

As far as the knee, it's been causing me a lot of pain lately and in that video is no exception. Plus I was wearing jeans which was no help. That's why I prefer not to bowl in consecutive days like I did but wifey insisted on going. That said, I'm not sure I was bending it properly in the other videos the night before. Can you elaborate on "Soften the knee"? If it's not a flexibility issue hopefully I can fix it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast