Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My first video

Chats: 0

I've been putting a lot of thought in the critiquing. I'm putting a game plan together on fixing these issues. Some I'm gonna wait until I get the new ball and my spare ball redrilled. Since I have so many issues with my thumb hole in my current ball, trying to fix a release until then seems futile. Gathering what was said here the points are as follows and in no specific order.

1. Knee continuation
    2. On setup, hold the ball lower and support it with my left hand
    3. Keep head straight throughout approach
    4. Follow through. Mich said it's supposed to be vertical and horizontal. Mine is ALL verticle
    5. Try not to muscle the ball and hit up. Although I was trying to add speed in my video due to lane conditions hence the fast feet, I was also muscling it some and hitting up.
    6. Try the "modern release"

That's a pretty good starting point to work on. I am gratified and thank you for your input. In some cases it's going to be difficult to forget and relearn things I've been doing for over 35 years. I wish I could have some onsite instruction at work but the coach at my center mainly coaches kids and totally green bowlers, he said my game too far advanced beyond his knowledge to be able to off anything constructive. I was a little shocked to hear that from a USBC Silver coach. Seriously? I figured by Silver level you should be able to teach just about anyone. Either way I'll approach him with this list and see if he can offer a little "how to" in person anyway. I think he can do more than he thinks.

After a couple weeks of working on these things I'll create another video, hopefully from some better angles to show progress and go from there. Unless he fell off the planet Earth I have to say I'm rather shocked RobLV1 has yet to comment, he must be busy. I figured he'd be all over this like a swarm of mosquitoes at a nudist colony. In all fairness it's only been posted a few days and not everyone lives on here like I do in my off time. LOL
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-12-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbowlingcoach View Post
    Thank you for fixing the link. I see what you're talking about. Appreciate all the help bud.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234