Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first video

Chats: 0

Default My first video

I tried this at a variety of angles. One got squished down because it wasn't recorded on the tripod and my son had the orientation wrong. He INSISTED I include it. I look silly but oh well. Feel free to critique. I look forward to your advice. I never thought in a million years I'd ever upload a video to Youtube. Who knows, I may already be on there for one reason or another, I'd rather not know if I am and what I was doing. Hopefully the video works.

https://youtu.be/-Vessw0IQak

I did notice a sound delay on some and the one from the side kinda stinks because I'm slightly cut off but I couldn't have moved it back any further than I did without causing a disruption to other bowlers
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-09-2018 at 02:52 PM. Reason: add inline video

Ringer

looks like it worked out pretty well to me. I do not have any bowling critique at this point as I don't feel qualified but I must say nice pick up on that split.

Chats: 2

Video looks good. I definitely don't think I could bowl in that house though...that pillar would screw me up big time. Also, nice mullet! lol
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    looks like it worked out pretty well to me. I do not have any bowling critique at this point as I don't feel qualified but I must say nice pick up on that split.
    Thanks, it's not exactly the 7-10 but my son was blown away. He's only seen me do it on Wii Sports LOL I was strangely on point that night so I had him record it just for kicks. At his age it's a big deal I guess. Later I also picked up a 2-10 but that wasn't on video. However, if I was REALLY on point I wouldn't have left those to begin with right?

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Video looks good. I definitely don't think I could bowl in that house though...that pillar would screw me up big time. Also, nice mullet! lol
    HEY NOW! Cut me some slack. I did the best I could with the doo. I cut over 18" off to get this job, I had the Bon Jovi before. Right now, call it the transition period. LOL Okay, now lets stick with critiquing the bowling NOT the hair. As for the pillars you get used to them, I thought the same thing when I first started there now I don't even notice them. Actually I picked that lane so I could put the camera down the lane for the front angle.

Worst part wasn't the pillar, for some reason somethings going on with lane 4, I had to clear a multitude of pin jams on it while I was bowling. Even when I'm not working I'm working I guess. Stupidest thing about that is I had to walk on the pin deck once and I didn't take swap shoes so I got some lane oil on them. DOH! I need to buy those covers. My co-worker was happy though, he said not many customers fix their own lane breakdowns LOL
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-09-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    HEY NOW! Cut me some slack. I did the best I could with the doo. I cut over 18" off to get this job, I had the Bon Jovi before. Right now, call it the transition period. LOL Okay, now lets stick with critiquing the bowling NOT the hair. As for the pillars you get used to them, I thought the same thing when I first started there now I don't even notice them.
    its tough loosing the hair. I went from lower back length to 2 buzz my head with the clippers and a #2 spacer. of course if I was to grow it again I would look like Gallager long on the sides and bald on the top. at least you will use less shampoo now.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    its tough loosing the hair. I went from lower back length to 2 buzz my head with the clippers and a #2 spacer. of course if I was to grow it again I would look like Gallager long on the sides and bald on the top. at least you will use less shampoo now.
    I was just gonna cut it all but wifey objected. I don't mean shaved cue ball or anything but maybe a high and tight at the very least. She cut it like this and said I'll get bigger tips at the bar with it like this LOL Oh and yes, much less shampoo and conditioner. =)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Okay great pick up!

The first view, meh the pillar was in the way. You can't see the release or ball reaction.

The second view was okay, maybe have it a little more behind your swing arm and a little lower.

The squished down shot, if it had been on the tripod and lined up behind you.Actually Might not be a bad view.

The front view was good, you could see how your head and slide foot etc. lined up.

The side view was okay, if you can try to be on the even numbered lane. So the ball return isn't in the way, that's a good side view.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

bdpeters: Don't worry if your "qualified" to critique or not. That goes for anyone on here too. Fresh eyes are fresh eyes, I didn't just post this for just the certified coaches on here. Advice is advice, if it sounds like it has merit then I'll give it a shot. If it sounds like someone has no idea what they are talking about then I don't, simple as that. That said, if I'm doing something wrong feel free to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Okay great pick up!

The first view, meh the pillar was in the way. You can't see the release or ball reaction.

The second view was okay, maybe have it a little more behind your swing arm and a little lower.

The squished down shot, if it had been on the tripod and lined up behind you.Actually Might not be a bad view.

The front view was good, you could see how your head and slide foot etc. lined up.

The side view was okay, if you can try to be on the even numbered lane. So the ball return isn't in the way, that's a good side view.

When you say more behind it, are you saying cup my wrist more? Or are you talking camera placement? In the front view you can notice my foot is slightly to the right. I walk normally like that, I tried all my life to fix it I just can't. I'm pigeon toed and that's all there is to it, sadly so are all 3 of my kids and my daughter is the worst of all. I've tried to make my foot perfectly straight but I about fall over every time I do it. I just have accepted it, it is what it is.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-09-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast