Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SKYtomo: How to over Bowling curve strongest rotation! You can Lowdown learn.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default SKYtomo: How to over Bowling curve strongest rotation! You can Lowdown learn.

(He's showing how to generate revs)

How to over Bowling curve strongest rotation! You can Lowdown learn. Bowling Tips
    World-famous Suzuna Miyagi P also participate in the teacher!

(Note: I'm not making any claims that this represents the "modern release" or advising anyone use this technique. It's just to show a different look at the release as used by others. Plus I believe he is exaggerating some movements for demo purposes.)
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-15-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

This is seriously the best video about the new style release I've ever seen. I actually understand it now. Albeit I had to mute my speakers. I am so going to do this! This may be the key I've been looking for. Thank you very much Bowl for posting this!

Thank you! My Japanese is a little rusty (okay, non-existent) but this is the first time I have actually seen this release presented in such a clear fashion. You have great curation skills.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I'm adding one more video (theres captions) to this Skytomo video post, it's slo-mo, close ups of his hand action when he's doing this release (on the ball return and lane). Plus a before/after of a female bowler doing it.

Extra: See Skytomo vs Belmo Skytomo wants revenge:
    【Battle with God of Bowling】 Latest | The first time in 4 years Throwing both hands Jason Belmonte VS Skytmo fighting video Can you really revenge!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQftskIqLo

3MINUTES Hand Rotation HOW TO
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-15-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I would certainly classify this as the "modern release"...and I agree he is exaggerating the movement...especially in the "no swing" practice. My guess is that it is still a good way to practice and grasp the concept. The exaggerated movement will naturally smooth itself out in an actual full swing...as you can see his does in the videos. Thanks for posting these and I will be practicing these steps over the summer. I hope to come back next fall with a new swing. I know it won't be perfected by then but I'm hoping I'm far enough along to use it going forward.

Having tried twice now this I agree it's exaggerated but yes it's necessary to grasp it. It doesn't feel natural at all compared to the stroker release. That's probably because this isn't the way I learned to begin with. For someone like my 13yr old son this should be a snap because he's new at bowling. I think the second time I did it a tad more correct than the first time but still way way off from doing it properly. I personally can't tell you if I will ever be able to master this, it's too soon to tell.

I will also say it's hard not to fall back into old habits. Right now it's at the stage that I have to think about doing this EVERY ball or I'll forget. I've already had a couple instances of "DOH!" and I threw it my normal way. It's gonna take a butt load of practice before I don't have to think about it. I'm HOPING the same as you that I can be consistent with this by fall to be competitive. At the very very least I'm hoping that it will be something I can pull out of a bag of tricks if I need to. On dry lanes I'm not sure this is gonna be the way to go FOR ME just yet. I stress FOR ME! It's not easy bud so I wish you the best, getting discouraged and self doubt is your biggest enemy!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post

I will also say it's hard not to fall back into old habits. Right now it's at the stage that I have to think about doing this EVERY ball or I'll forget. I've already had a couple instances of "DOH!" and I threw it my normal way. It's gonna take a butt load of practice before I don't have to think about it. I'm HOPING the same as you that I can be consistent with this by fall to be competitive. At the very very least I'm hoping that it will be something I can pull out of a bag of tricks if I need to. On dry lanes I'm not sure this is gonna be the way to go FOR ME just yet. I stress FOR ME! It's not easy bud so I wish you the best, getting discouraged and self doubt is your biggest enemy!
    Yep...I'm right with you. Hard not fall back into your old release...for now. I want to go to the lanes and just turn the scoring off and practice releasing balls down the lane. Just like the video...no steps, one step, two steps...ect...
    Lots of repetition and just watching the ball and the effects of different releases without worrying about the score or putting it all in a full approach.

man, i feel like that loading action would blow out my wrist, or elbow, or both. I'd need to start with an 8-lb ball!

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post
    man, i feel like that loading action would blow out my wrist, or elbow, or both. I'd need to start with an 8-lb ball!
    As I said in the other post....It feels unnatural at least it did to me because I'm not a new bowler. That said, I didn't feel any discomfort with it that would indicate any concern about injury. I think the terms "load and unload" sound like some big muscular thing is going on but it's not. If anything very little. I think holding it cupped normally involves more stress and muscle than doing this.

Think of your wrist like a back hoe. How when it scoops the dirt the scoop is forward then to dump it hinges back flat then your scooping again moving it forward. I don't know if that's a brilliant or horrible analogy but it's the best I could come up with.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    As I said in the other post....It feels unnatural at least it did to me because I'm not a new bowler. That said, I didn't feel any discomfort with it that would indicate any concern about injury. I think the terms "load and unload" sound like some big muscular thing is going on but it's not. If anything very little. I think holding it cupped normally involves more stress and muscle than doing this.

Think of your wrist like a back hoe. How when it scoops the dirt the scoop is forward then to dump it hinges back flat then your scooping again moving it forward. I don't know if that's a brilliant or horrible analogy but it's the best I could come up with.
    I also think it depends on "when" you cup. Some pro's start out cupped and keep it that way until the release. I personally think that's harder, takes more strength and is unnecessary. However that is probably still easier then trying to cup and uncup right before releasing. One thing you'll notice about the wrist is it's strong when it's "locked". I find it easiest to "lock" at the top of the backswing. Let gravity do the work of putting the ball in the cupped position for you then just lock your wrist there until just before release. Less stress on your wrist/forearm...same result. "Uncupping" does not really put any stress on you at all. Just let it unlock at release and completely break back...allowing more time for you fingers to stay in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast