Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Your Bowling Alleys Control Scoring if so Why?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Too long; didn't read (abbreviated tl;dr and tldr is a shorthand notation indicating that a passage appeared to be too long to invest the time to digest.

The tl;dr label is often used to point out excessive verbosity or to signify the presence of and location of a short summation in case the reader doesn't want to take the time to read.
    Ah, other words that's Mod speak for STFU gotcha! LMAO In all fairness, he asked and I forewarned the OP in advance so give me credit for that.

SandBagger

Edited to make it succinct.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Ah, other words that's Mod speak for STFU gotcha!
    No it's not that and its not just this particular post . You got to understand Most users don't read great walls of text like that, they skim them.

So if your asking a question or trying to make a point, it gets lost or over looked in all the words.

Condensing your thoughts into a shorter, more concise post will allow readers to more easily parse the information which better serves you and others reading the posts and the replies that are made.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    No it's not that and its not just this particular post . You got to understand Most users don't read great walls of text like that, they skim them.

So if your asking a question or trying to make a point, it gets lost or over looked in all the words.

Condensing your thoughts into a shorter, more concise post will allow readers to more easily parse the information which better serves you and others reading the posts and the replies that are made.
    I know what you meant Bowl, just messing around. I've skimmed my share of posts too, some I've just skipped all together. I was long winded I admit. I traded brief for trying to make sure I was accurate and answered thoroughly albeit too thoroughly. One of these days I'll find the happy medium.

Chats: 256

Where is Aslan. He finally has post length competition. Lol.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Yes but who could be his Iceman. LOL trying to resist sending talking vegetable picks
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    And....there it is! It was only a matter of time. LOL You know what it is guys, I misread the bowling ball give away contest. I thought each WORD was an entry not each post. Oh man! All this repetitive stress syndrome for nothing!

I'd like to apologize to Outerlimits for your serious post turning into this completely off subject goofery. Completely my fault, I asked for it. Please go ahead and mess up one of my serious posts, heck do two they are free.

Pin Crusher

The shot is easier for the leagues that need more help. Senior, mixed or just beginner leagues. More serous leagues get more serous patterns. That is why the oil machine is programmable. Or be stupid and end up with a for sale sign out front.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    The shot is easier for the leagues that need more help. Senior, mixed or just beginner leagues. More serous leagues get more serous patterns. That is why the oil machine is programmable. Or be stupid and end up with a for sale sign out front.
    I don't yet know how to program the machine. At our center it doesn't vary at least not yet and only once in 3 years. All that's inside is a number pad and LED screen. I assume that's eventually one of my many up and coming lesson. So far I just know how to fill the cleaning fluid and oil, change the cloth roll, empty the dirty cleaning fluid and of course how to use it and read the errors that pop up on the screen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast