Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First sport shot tournament 35 ft

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    In watched chris Barnes and Shannon O'Keefe s videos on it. I was lost. I did switch balls. I also wasn't bowling on fresh oil. I was the 2nd squad but I am also a lefty.The guy ibowledwith said you have to pick a spot and stay with itand hesaiddespite what you readaboutthepattern every alley is different. this one was very old plus the lanes in front of the doors will be different.i had luck on the extreme edge but I may have pushed the ball a bit to the right most of the time closer to board 5 to be safe and that could make a difference
    The guy you bowled with was right about sport patterns not always playing ‘by the book’. Doing research on the pattern, watching the videos, and understanding the “rule of 31” give you a head start in finding a good line. The idea that you “have to pick a spot and stay with it”, is nonsense. In my experience, sport patterns transition faster than a THS and you will be making adjustments. The worst thing to do is to stay in one spot and think that you can throw the ball better.
    John

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    The guy you bowled with was right about sport patterns not always playing ‘by the book’. Doing research on the pattern, watching the videos, and understanding the “rule of 31” give you a head start in finding a good line. The idea that you “have to pick a spot and stay with it”, is nonsense. In my experience, sport patterns transition faster than a THS and you will be making adjustments. The worst thing to do is to stay in one spot and think that you can throw the ball better.
    what i meant was i tried the reading a lane in 7 shots and decided to try up the gutter...i got a strike so kept trying then i would throw it high. i tried flattening the hook but that wasn't good either...i couldn't throw back to back strikes..then i tried moving inside hooking out over several different places...i couldn't do all this during warm up..i was doing this during my 3 games. if i got a strike i stayed put until i would struggle again and then i'd move again. it wasn't until my most recent game on a 38ft alcatraz was i able to relax and throw it gently down the 7 and 8 boards and i got a 208. there were only a few games over 200 that i saw. if my first game was a 170 instead of a 141 i would have moved on...i'm getting close.
    i am going a clinic with monacelli and learn jr which i think will be useful

Bowler
    Chats: 0

do you all have a different ball just for sport shots or for short patterns? I was told to get a new one that goes straighter..mine are both drilled (pin up?) that's with the dot directly above the finger holes. I was told by Bob Learn ..so I think I trust him..to get one where the dot is more to the side of the holes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12