Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro bowlers list?

Chats: 0

Default Pro bowlers list?

How would I find out what pro's live and maybe bowl around where I live? I've seen how some of you have ran into them at your local house or knew some of them growing up and such. I would be interested in who's around. Plus is there like a list of all active pro's who are on tour? I remember when I was a kid at the pro/am that I had a book that had pics and bio's of every pro on tour. The week they were there I met tons of them and got autographs and even got to bowl with a few. I sure would love to do that again and bring my son along as it's an awesome experience. Meeting some pro's would really get his interest even more fired up even if it's not his idol Norm Duke.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Chats: 32

High end bowling tends to be a small circle. Figure out where the high end bowlers congregate i.e. which leagues, tournaments, and pro shops they use. bowl some events their and make friends. Not too many PBA guys close to me but I have three WPBA pros and 4 or 5 guys who bowl seniors PBA regionals. Those guys have been a big help to me buy giving me info on balls to lessons to even giving me equipment.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

High Roller

Well I see BJ Moore from Greensburg is pretty close to here (about an hour away). Also Brandon Novak from Chillicothe, OH. That isn't too far. As far as I know I have never ran across any of them. The only pro I think I have ever met was Mark Roth. He ran the center about 2 miles from me for a short while around 2002 before a fallout with a business partner. I think he went back to NJ after that but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Well I see BJ Moore from Greensburg is pretty close to here (about an hour away). Also Brandon Novak from Chillicothe, OH. That isn't too far. As far as I know I have never ran across any of them. The only pro I think I have ever met was Mark Roth. He ran the center about 2 miles from me for a short while around 2002 before a fallout with a business partner. I think he went back to NJ after that but not sure.
    Brandon bowls all over the place I've met him a few times. There's a swing and release not to copy lol.

There are a lot more that bowl regionals in your area I guarantee it

Current arsenal

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    If you ever run into B.J., he's an awesome dude. Bowled the Storm Utah Open with him last year, as well as both Tang boys. This year, both Tangs, Anthony Pepe, and Josh Blanchard were all there (Josh cuz the pro shop there is ran by a fellow EBI regional staffer). All were fairly cool except for Blanchard. He seemed to be bothered by people trying to talk to him. Both Tang's are awesome, and Pepe seemed to be a favorite as well. Just nice to talk with.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Thanks for the list. It shows I have 4 pros in IL 3 of which are all from within a half hour from me. That's pretty awesome.

Liz Johnson is the closest
    Al Johnson is second
    Kristopher Pratner is just a tad further
    Sean Rash he's about an hour.

I recognize 3 of the 4 names. I'm a little surprised the list of pro's is as short as it is. Is it me or was it a lot bigger back in the day? I thought there were hundreds of pro's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Thanks for the list. It shows I have 4 pros in IL 3 of which are all from within a half hour from me. That's pretty awesome.

Al Johnson is second

I recognize 3 of the 4 names. I'm a little surprised the list of pro's is as short as it is. Is it me or was it a lot bigger back in the day? I thought there were hundreds of pro's out there.
    I'm sure the list is smaller but there must be some qualifications to make that list as there are a ton more people that bowl PBA Regional events than that.

Current arsenal

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post

Al Johnson is second

Liz is by far the greatest female bowler of all time.

I'm assuming you mean A.J. Johnson. He's a young up and comer that is going to be a household name in the bowling community in the next few years.

Prather is a stud, that if you've watched a few events this year, you'll recognize the name. He's going to be making shows routinely for awhile.

And I think we all know who Rash is at the moment lol.

Matt Sanders, another up and comer, is out of Indiana, E.J. Tacket is out of Indiana as well.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Liz is by far the greatest female bowler of all time.

I'm assuming you mean A.J. Johnson. He's a young up and comer that is going to be a household name in the bowling community in the next few years.

Prather is a stud, that if you've watched a few events this year, you'll recognize the name. He's going to be making shows routinely for awhile.

And I think we all know who Rash is at the moment lol.

Matt Sanders, another up and comer, is out of Indiana, E.J. Tacket is out of Indiana as well.

Yes I meant A.J. Johnson, I didn't have my glasses on so I typed Al. LOL Prather is the one I didn't recognize. I haven't yet seen any televised bowling this year. We don't have any live tv just Hulu at the moment. Liz, Sean and AJ I have seen in various places, matches on youtube, instructional videos etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast