Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many games a week do you bowl?

Chats: 0

We have the "All you can bowl" specials open to close $7 on Wed and Friday $10 - 9:30pm - 1am. Then $1 a game on Sunday morning. Some people take advantage but not as many as you would think.

We've been doing the all-you-can bowl Sunday special from 1 to 3 for the last 6 weeks straight. Can usually get in anywhere from 4 to 6 games, depending on who all comes. The only downside is that we often end up in lanes with multiple small kids running wild next to us.

We've also been bowling at least a couple of games during the week or on Saturdays. But bowling often without a league discount get really expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    We've been doing the all-you-can bowl Sunday special from 1 to 3 for the last 6 weeks straight. Can usually get in anywhere from 4 to 6 games, depending on who all comes. The only downside is that we often end up in lanes with multiple small kids running wild next to us.

We've also been bowling at least a couple of games during the week or on Saturdays. But bowling often without a league discount get really expensive.
    Yeah kids running around is just a fact of open bowling these days. Think of it as an advantage, you learn to block out distraction with them around. That way when you do get into league and someone walks up at the same time on the lane next to you will be used to it. Easier said than done though.

Yes it can get expensive, especially if you don't have your own shoes. It's almost an immediate $10 before you throw a ball. If either of you don't have them, that's a good first step to bring the price down some.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Yeah kids running around is just a fact of open bowling these days. Think of it as an advantage, you learn to block out distraction with them around. That way when you do get into league and someone walks up at the same time on the lane next to you will be used to it. Easier said than done though.

Yes it can get expensive, especially if you don't have your own shoes. It's almost an immediate $10 before you throw a ball. If either of you don't have them, that's a good first step to bring the price down some.
    These kids are tiny and end up over in our lane trying to pick up balls and dance. It's annoying but humorous at the same time. I blame the parents who aren't even around or just don't care.

My son has shoes and I'll probably pick some up soon. We he goes by himself, the ladies at the alley are trying to get him to join the Saturday youth league. They give him the league discount and he pays 25% of what we'd normally pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    These kids are tiny and end up over in our lane trying to pick up balls and dance. It's annoying but humorous at the same time. I blame the parents who aren't even around or just don't care.

My son has shoes and I'll probably pick some up soon. We he goes by himself, the ladies at the alley are trying to get him to join the Saturday youth league. They give him the league discount and he pays 25% of what we'd normally pay.
    I agree about the kids, I see it every day at the house I work at. I'm waiting for one to get popped in the face by a back swing from either the air headed parents or an unaware bowler on an adjacent lane. It's only a matter of time, it WILL happen. I'm also waiting for a kid to swing one of those long ramps we have in someone else's lane in front of a bowler and see a Wiley coyote wipe out. Again, just a matter of time. It better not be me! LOL

Ringer

If i could bowl during the week instead of work I could get in more lines and avoid all the kids. went to eat one day during the work week and the place was pretty much empty.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    If i could bowl during the week instead of work I could get in more lines and avoid all the kids. went to eat one day during the work week and the place was pretty much empty.
    Yes, working days is mind numbingly boring. We usually only have a couple lanes going if that until the afternoon Monday - Wed. That's when I just kick into cleaning mode. I plug my phone into the sound system, crank up Pandora. Lots of dust bunnies waiting to be caught in all kinds of places. The other day I cleaned all the overhead bowling lane screens. Given the level of grime on them I'm guessing that hasn't been done in eons if ever. I can't just stand at the counter all day doing nothing or stuff my face like the young employees do. I'd love to go behind the lanes and do something but I can't leave the counter unattended. I have to keep moving even if I have to find something gross to clean, I EARN my paycheck. LOL

High Roller

I work 4 10 hour days and off every Friday so when I don't have anything on the honey-do list I try to get down there around lunch time. Went about 6 weeks ago and only about 15-20 people in there (40 lane center). The owner is in our league so knows who I am. It's supposed to be $3 a game before 4:00 but he charged me 2.50. Maybe cause I was in the league? Dunno. Didn't ask...lol

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    I work 4 10 hour days and off every Friday so when I don't have anything on the honey-do list I try to get down there around lunch time. Went about 6 weeks ago and only about 15-20 people in there (40 lane center). The owner is in our league so knows who I am. It's supposed to be $3 a game before 4:00 but he charged me 2.50. Maybe cause I was in the league? Dunno. Didn't ask...lol
    If you don't ask you don't receive LOL You may just be known as a regular but not a league bowler, there is a difference. I know it's $2 and free shoes (if needed) for league bowlers but if they don't tell us they are on a league there they pay whatever the price is at the time. I doubt any of us there know every person on a league. Say something next time man, it's one of your league perks, use it!

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    If you don't ask you don't receive LOL You may just be known as a regular but not a league bowler, there is a difference. I know it's $2 and free shoes (if needed) for league bowlers but if they don't tell us they are on a league there they pay whatever the price is at the time. I doubt any of us there know every person on a league. Say something next time man, it's one of your league perks, use it!
    Oh I mentioned it. Also told him I was there to practice with the new ball I just got from HIS pro shop...lol. He isn't the PSO but he owns the place so....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast