Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many games a week do you bowl?

I typically bowl 6 games practice and 3 games league play. After a 12 year layoff then 2 hip replacements I feel I and where I was when I quit back in 2001-02 season. I have my average up to 206 and still rising this late in the season. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

In my yute, it was likely 30-45 games a week. I'm paying the price for that now. I bowl one league now, and the odd 9-pin charity tap.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    In my yute, it was likely 30-45 games a week. I'm paying the price for that now. I bowl one league now, and the odd 9-pin charity tap.
    Did you say "Yute"? What's a Yute?

High Roller

You know...Joe Pesce in My Cousin Vinny. These yutes here

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    You know...Joe Pesce in My Cousin Vinny. These yutes here
    LOL I know bud. If this was FB I'd have had the meme posted in seconds, too much to go through in forums.

SandBagger

In the winter I bowl three games for league. For eight weeks I bowl three games a week with some school kids during their club. Sometimes I practice after or before league. My practice sessions go anywhere from 3 to 9 games, but I don't practice that often. Considering I take the summer off, I would estimate that I bowl about 3 games a week if I were to spread them out over the course of a year.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what happened to me years ago when I quit. Life happens and the things you used to enjoy fall to the wayside to be a good responsible dad and or husband. Try to stick with it if at all possible. I'm sure it was probably the right choice for me to walk away to a point but now I wish I didn't. I went cold turkey though. Maybe then my thinking was all or nothing I don't remember. A few practice games here and there may not have been enough for me. At least you have your son who is a bowler, mine were too little back then. If nothing else, that should keep you going.

Thank you! Yes, it is very difficult to balance life in general along with work and your personal interests. It is manageable and that is why I enjoy having my 1 night with 3-games. haha. But my son, he is 7, and he is about to complete his first year of actual bowling. He has grown a lot over the year with bowling and recently went from a high game of 113 to 165 (Proud Dad moment). His average is still about an 85, so that game was very exciting.

But I too just got back from a 4-year layoff with bowling this season. I as well went cold turkey to focus on family, work, and school. It certainly was not easy like you said, but this is my first year back since 2012/2013 season and could not be happier with the results given the amount of practice I have put in. I just try to use my time when bowling effectively.

Glad to see that you are back and hope the bowling gods are treating you well on the lanes.

-Mike
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Current Avg: 217 Highest Avg: 219 Highest Series: 802 (3/11/2018) Highest Game: 300 x3
    Current Arsenal: DV8 Creed, Brunswick Nexus f(p), Brunswick Evil Siege, Columbia 300 Ransom

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Three league games Wednesdays, 3 more league games Thursdays. Practice has been really rare since they almost doubled what they were charging me to practice. Bowled 6 games in the local association tournament, and another 6 in a youth/adult tournament.
    John

2 leagues at 3 games each and occasionally, I sub in another league. so 6-9 games a week. Unfortunately, I don't practice anywhere near as much as I need to.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Bowler

When I was a teenager I bowled 20 to 30 games in a day sometimes when it was free or all you can bowl teennight...now I can't bowl more than 6.. I usually bowl 3. But when I m alone I don't take a break. I do 3 in under an hour

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast