Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many games a week do you bowl?

Chats: 0

Default How many games a week do you bowl?

I'm asking in total...tournaments, league and practice. How many are you doing each week? Do you plan on increasing or decreasing? Currently I'm at about only 18-22 absolute max. I have to pace myself though. At most 6-7 at once at this time. That's it for my current stamina. I TRY not to bowl again the next day but more times than not someone in my family insists. I'm usually too sore or at least stiff and I typically don't do very well.

If I take a day off in between outings I'm usually okay and can shoot another 6-7. The exception is if I'm just gonna do drills then I can do it the next day. I'm still better off with that day in between of rest. My mind is sharper as well as less physical fatigue. I'd like to be able to double that number over the next couple months. It's up from January where I couldn't barely do 5 in a week without hurting for 3-4 days after. So it can be done.

High Roller

generally 3 games. gonna try to go practice this friday and will probably get at least 3 in then

League - 6
    Practice - 0-5

So somewhere between six and eleven, depending on the week. Hope to start tourneys next season.

I usually bowl around 18 games a week, but now I'll be going back to work " Landscape Forman " so will only be able to do 6 a week. Been bowling for about 2 months and have bowled 5 games over 200. Hope I can continue to improve with only 1 day a week to bowl, oh and maybe the occasional rain day.

Ringer

lately I have been lucky to get in 3. however I hope to change that soon, if I can get my stamina up and my body lets me. I plan to hopefully join a short summer league.

Chats: 32

Well I always have 9 games of league. I usually get in 3-5 games of practice. Usually about once a month or so I add a tournament that will be an additional 6-9 games
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

At the moment with work and family responsibilities, my practice and bowling is limited to 3 games a week. I wish i could do more, but during league play I use that as my practice time to work on anything individually on the 1st game and by the 2nd/3rd game, I am trying to put it all together to build consistency. During the summer time I will practice on Saturday's when my son is bowling, that is generally 5/6 games.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Current Avg: 217 Highest Avg: 219 Highest Series: 802 (3/11/2018) Highest Game: 300 x3
    Current Arsenal: DV8 Creed, Brunswick Nexus f(p), Brunswick Evil Siege, Columbia 300 Ransom

Quote Originally Posted by MRomeroMGCER300 View Post
    At the moment with work and family responsibilities, my practice and bowling is limited to 3 games a week. I wish i could do more, but during league play I use that as my practice time to work on anything individually on the 1st game and by the 2nd/3rd game, I am trying to put it all together to build consistency. During the summer time I will practice on Saturday's when my son is bowling, that is generally 5/6 games.
    Yep, that's exactly what happened to me years ago when I quit. Life happens and the things you used to enjoy fall to the wayside to be a good responsible dad and or husband. Try to stick with it if at all possible. I'm sure it was probably the right choice for me to walk away to a point but now I wish I didn't. I went cold turkey though. Maybe then my thinking was all or nothing I don't remember. A few practice games here and there may not have been enough for me. At least you have your son who is a bowler, mine were too little back then. If nothing else, that should keep you going.

Chats: 2

I used to bowl entirely too often and burned myself out. From 2009-2012 I was averaging over 36 games a week (3 monday, 3 tues, 3 wed, 3 thurs, 6 fri, 6 sun just for leagues, plus tourneys/practice). It was honestly too much and caused more wear on my body than anything. Any more, I'm 6-12 games a week for league, depending on if I sub or bowl our drop in league on fridays. Tournament season definitely increases the number a bit, but it's usually not too terrible.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

3, in my one league. Which is pretty low... I used to do around 10, but having a kid has put a pause on that for a bit. Next year hopefully getting back into practice, another league and some of the tournaments.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast