Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Jobs - Pinsetter Mechanic

Chats: 0

Default Dirty Jobs - Pinsetter Mechanic

Given the age of this forum I was rather surprised to see that there wasn't a single mention of the show Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe called "Pinsetter Mechanic". Unfortunately the only way to watch it on youtube in it's entirety is to pay 1.99 to watch it. There are some that are clips a few minutes long you can watch but of course that takes away a lot. Replacing the carpet on a pinsetter is something I just learned, it's not easy to do given the space you have to work with. I don't know if I'd call it a "Dirty Job" because I've done much worse at the phone company but I suppose it's not exactly a clean job either.

I guess if you don't mind paying the 1.99 you can watch the whole thing. Since it's what I now do for a living I have an interest in it. I don't know if Dirty Jobs still runs on cable or Netflix, currently we only have Hulu. If it is available somewhere else it's Season 8 episode 7. If your a computer guru there are eh...other ways of getting TV episodes. (So I've heard *cough*) Originally aired November 23, 2010. They are working on the same pinsetters I do. At least I think they are AMF 8270's, maybe 8290's, too hard to tell. We have the 8270's. It was very entertaining and realistic in what and how they were doing things. I'm glad we have at least another 2 feet behind our machines than they do.

Pay to watch Youtbe link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgpd6vxxXE

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I actually watched that episode yesterday while waiting for enough snow to pile up to be worth shoveling.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I actually watched that episode yesterday while waiting for enough snow to pile up to be worth shoveling.
    On what were you watching it? Cable? I just happen upon it while looking up something on our pinsetters I was researching. I had to watch it. Always loved Dirty Jobs.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-14-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    On what were you watching it? Cable? I just happen upon it while looking up something on our pinsetters I was researching. I had to watch it. Always loved Dirty Jobs.
    Cable, don't ask me what channel it was.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Cable, don't ask me what channel it was.
    LOL okay I won't

Ringer

Looks like some of the series is available on disk from netflix but I did not see a description for the episode for pinsetter mechanic.

I forget if Netflix is laid out by seasons and episodes or just a sequential episode number, it's been a while. It's season 8 episode 7, maybe Netflix didn't go that far?

The one thing that made me cringe was how they were walking all over the lanes during the show. You already know my feelings from my other post about this. When I seen those guys on the lanes I felt like Rain Man when people were going through his stuff. UH OH! V.E.R.N! I'm going to "guess" that they stripped those lanes of oil for the filming at least I'm going to think that for sanity sake. I was thinking how big and deep of a gouge those heavy cameras would make on the lanes if those guys did an unplanned back flip. The soccer ball cam sure splattered LOL

I wonder if they strip them for the PBA matches because of the camera men and their equipment?

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I forget if Netflix is laid out by seasons and episodes or just a sequential episode number, it's been a while. It's season 8 episode 7, maybe Netflix didn't go that far?
    there was only two disks available. they are season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    there was only two disks available. They are season 6.
    doh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast