Thread: New To "real" bowling

Chats: 0

Default New To "real" bowling

Hi. I'm a longtime house ball and shoe bowler that back in the day rolled it fairly well. Recently my youngest son has really gotten into bowling and we're looking at joining a local league and he wants to try out for the school team next year. I golf a TON but love bowling as well so dad's enjoying going with the son to practice.

I'm pretty excited but know next to nothing beyond the basics and am looking forward to reading and learning here on the forums. So far looking into balls and reading about releases and oil patterns...well, it's been a real eye opener so far.

Ringer

excellent to have you on the forum. there is a ton of good info from some very experienced bowlers on here. make sure you check out the ball giveaway.

Welcome back to the sport! I'm sure whatever questions you have you'll get an answer from someone on here. No matter how serious you intend to get or how good you'd like to be there is help out there for you. Welcome to the forum!

Bowler

I’d be interested to see what type of ball folks suggest for someone just starting out

Chats: 221

If you are just coming back and had been using "house balls" I would recommend an entry level ball like the Brunswick Rhino, Ebonite Cyclone, 900 Global Boost, Storm Tropical etc.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

High Roller

Just got a Rhino the other day as a spare ball or a really dry condition ball. Went out to practice with it today. Does exactly what I wanted it to do. Rolls long with a nice smooth easy arc at the end. I really wanted it for 7 pins (lefty) and it works great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    If you are just coming back and had been using "house balls" I would recommend an entry level ball like the Brunswick Rhino, Ebonite Cyclone, 900 Global Boost, Storm Tropical etc.
    We ended up, through luck and generosity, with a well used Blue Hammer ball. Since he only uses the 2 fingers, it's worked pretty well. I've got a used Pyramid Force ball coming in and am watching a few other cheaper used balls. I figured we could experiment with balls with different finishes and spin ratings before buying him his own fitted ball.

Chats: 4

Welcome to the boards Dice you'll find a lot of
    helpful info on here from a lot of helpful folks.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill