Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 USBC Open Championships

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Outerlimits View Post
    Congrats on cashing.....great job. Bowling the Nationals in Vegas for the first time next May.....got talked into it during a weak moment. Should be interesting. Bowling all three events.
    For anyone who plans to go to nationals I also recommend bowling either the BJ or the BTM. The BJ is a good tournament to bowl since it is typically on the Singles/Doubles pattern and the BTM is a great experience on a flat pattern (warning, it doesn't get re-oiled so you will have some interesting breakdowns from lane to lane which makes it a great experience in learning to adjust quickly). The group I go with typically doesn't bowl the 40-frame game, but it is a cool and different experience (very good for team building).
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 256

Yes, Savage, the BJ is a must every year. Good practice for the D/S events. Good for a donation and a magazine subscription for the year, LOL!! Each year though, I found the BJ to not even be close to the actual event though. All depends on the surface of the lanes etc to replicate the same conditions.

I do the 40 framer every year and enjoy it a lot. None of my team mates this past year or last bowled it, more prize money for me I say!! Last few years have made quite a bit from the 40 Framer.

I haven't made it to the BTM tournaments the past couple years though. Went to it in Reno one time and it may have been day we were there, but was very poorly run.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Vdubtx, would agree that the BJ doesn't necessarily play the same as the actual event but now that they don't release the pattern my team and I have been able to get a pretty good idea of what the pattern is (obviously you don't get the same lane surface and the breakdown won't be the same because you are shifting with other bowlers compared to breaking down a pair with your team) - essentially it just removes some of the unknown for S/D.

Sad to hear about the BTM, I personally haven't had issues with it but I could understand the frustration.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Looking to get a team together for Nationals this year. Have to make it out sometime!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123