Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Scholls inserts in bowling shoes?

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Dexters seems to be true to size. I ordered mine in the same size I normally wear and they fit perfectly.

Chats: 22

I use the Dr. Sholls sport gel thingies in my dexter SST 6 shoes. The ones I took out of the shoes were basically thin strips of foam. I wouldn’t want to stand on them all day, but there is a noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    Is it just me or do bowling shoes run large on sizes? I have to go down a whole size
    From what I see at the counter either people have no clue what there shoe size actually is or house shoes aren't accurate. Ladies who ask for shoes and a high percentage come back for a smaller size. With kids they always come up for a larger size. Men rarely come to exchange them. With kids, as a parent I have to guess that they just don't realize how fast their kids feet have grown. At times we replace our kids shoes more often than I have to cut the grass.

The ladies I'm not sure, maybe they have a different fit for all the different types of shoes they wear and they just guess wrong? It's just a high number of females that exchange them I can't believe that many are clueless or guessing wrong. It could also be the brand we use which I don't remember off hand. Maybe this brand runs large. They are in excellent shape, clean with nice white non-frayed laces so it's not that they are old and stretched out. They must have recently replaced them all within the last year. They are unisex, there are two numbers on the back of each shoe. The black size is men, red size is ladies. Guys are 1 1/2 size larger than the ladies. So if it's a 8 men it's a 6 1/2 ladies. Most ladies exchange a 6 1/2 for a 5 or 5 1/2. Men probably just don't care and deal with it LOL

I know with my Linds, they fit PERFECT! My gym shoes are a size 10 and my Linds are a size 10 end of story. They just have no real cushion inside just like house shoes. My feet are far from perfect. My toes are all goofy and crooked, a trait passed down from my dad. (jerk) That's why I was asking about the Dr. Sholls. The only thing I worry about is that with those inserts it's going to make them too tight because they are thick. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I said I'd find out what house shoes we have. Our house shoes are made by Qubeca AMF which makes sense because we are an AMF house. We have velcro ones and laces. I prefer giving out the ones with velcro because people love tying double, triple and quadruple knots in the laces and they don't untie them LOL We even have teeny tiny ones for toddlers on up to size 17 for those with feet like swim fins. We just got some new ones with flames on them....ooooooo flaaames! How can you go wrong? No thanks I'll stick with my classic white Linds.

To keep my big toe from excessive bending on my push off foot, I need to use a spring steel insole.
    Also use a nice gel insole on top of that for comfort. It gets a bit crowded in my wide Dexter Tanks, but it works.

Spring Steel Insole Link

Chats: 10

I’ve used them and felt great. Is actually have to get a new pair of insoles. Thanks for the reminder.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

I can’t really bowl without shoe inserts. My tendons are too tight in my foot, and actually hurt a LOT, after 3 games flat-footed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12