Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Scholls inserts in bowling shoes?

Chats: 0

Default Dr. Scholls inserts in bowling shoes?

Has anyone ever tried those Dr. Sholl's gel or memory foam inserts in bowling shoes? At the bowling alley working I am on my feet from the minute I start to the minute I get off so my dogs have been really barking. They have those machines you stand on at the store and it makes you move around different ways to identify which ones suit your feet by where it detects the most pressure. They seem a little thick but I think I could still fit them in my bowling shoes. I'm sure they squish down some over time.

Lind's are great bowling shoes, that's all I have and will ever use but face it....they are NOT exactly cushy comfy shoes. They are what they are...bowling shoes, not really built for comfort. The inserts aren't exactly cheap, I think about 30-45 bucks give or take. I figured I'd ask to see if anyone tried them and how did they work out for you?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Has anyone ever tried those Dr. Sholl's gel or memory foam inserts in bowling shoes?
    I've tried some inserts in old shoes, but took them out they never felt right.

They are what they are...bowling shoes, not really built for comfort.
    You want bowling shoes built for comfort, then you get Brunswick TPU-X's (or now the rebranded versions like Pyramids HPX or the Storm, Hammer ones).

I have TPU-X's and They are one of the most comfortable shoes there is (they were designed by Calloway so are like a golf shoes).
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-18-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I wasn't really thinking of getting new shoes, you've seen what excellent shape they are in. I'll likely wear them until I wear holes in the soles. If inserts are a waste of money because they won't feel right then I'll deal without like I always have. I've used the cheapy inserts in my steel toe gym shoes and they felt much better, those were memory foam. Only I must have bought the ones with dementia because after about a month they were squished flat as a pancake so they didn't have much memory. I was trying to remember my dreams after I woke up, memory foam pillow didn't work either.

The expensive inserts I'd pop for if they'd help though. The only sport I know less about than basketball is golf. I don't even know how many home runs the Chicago Bulls threw vs the Green Bay Packers in order to win the Stanley's Cup. That said, I didn't know "golf shoes" even existed. LOL

I wasn't really thinking of getting new shoes, you've seen what excellent shape they are in. I'll likely wear them until I wear holes in the soles. If inserts are a waste of money because they won't feel right then I'll deal without like I always have. I've used the cheapy inserts in my steel toe gym shoes and they felt much better, those were memory foam. Only I must have bought the ones with dementia because after about a month they were squished flat as a pancake so they didn't have much memory. I was trying to remember my dreams after I woke up, memory foam pillow didn't work either.

The expensive inserts I'd pop for if they'd help though. The only sport I know less about than basketball is golf. I don't even know how many home runs the Chicago Bulls threw vs the Green Bay Packers in order to win the Stanley's Cup. That said, I didn't know "golf shoes" even existed. LOL
    Now this is one of the best posts I've heard on this forum about bowling in a long time!!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Yes I understand you don't want to buy new shoes, I just meant that today just because they are bowling shoes doesn't mean they are not built for comfort.

Linds back in the day were great (and to a extent still are), with the custom made ones being the best (it was too bad when they stopped doing them). But when interchangeable soles came out, Linds didn't see the writing on the wall and got left behind.

As for shoe inserts, I,ve read where they worked great for some and not for others. Ultimately you'd have to try them to be sure, because everyones foot is different and a lot is personal preference.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Now this is one of the best posts I've heard on this forum about bowling in a long time!!!
    I'm saving my "A" material for my 500th post. Only 14 more (at this moment) bad ones like that to deal with. Well....technically now it's 13. My goal is to come up with something that will actually get a LOL out of Bowl....just one. Out of all the threads I read on this forum I have yet to see one. The trick is, how to come up with one about bowling? Maybe a video? Nah, too goofy. Then again, there is always the 11th Frame Lounge. Hmmm..... Man, all the good stuff isn't forum appropriate though. Argh! Too much pressure. I'll just use my normal ditsy blonde stuff like usual. Forget I mentioned it. =(

Chats: 32

I actually have the more expensive Dr Shoals inserts in my SST8's. IDK for some reason the original inners didn't last long at all for me within a couple of months they were loose and within 6 months they had holes in them. I've been using the inserts for probably 2 years now and mine are more comfortable than they were new. The new inserts do feel ever so slightly taller is the only fit issue I noticed. Everyone is different though I know people that tried the same thing and didn't like it
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I actually have the more expensive Dr Shoals inserts in my SST8's. IDK for some reason the original inners didn't last long at all for me within a couple of months they were loose and within 6 months they had holes in them. I've been using the inserts for probably 2 years now and mine are more comfortable than they were new. The new inserts do feel ever so slightly taller is the only fit issue I noticed. Everyone is different though I know people that tried the same thing and didn't like it
    Oh great, something to make me even taller! LOL I'm already doomed to a life of getting everything from the top shelf for everyone as it is. Thanks bud for the reply, so now I have 1 for Yay and 1 for Nay. I'll keep the consensus going and see where it leads me.

Bowler

Is it just me or do bowling shoes run large on sizes? I have to go down a whole size

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    Is it just me or do bowling shoes run large on sizes? I have to go down a whole size
    Dexter's run pretty much true to size , though some say a 1/2 size larger. But Dexter's have a larger toe box which makes them very stable and probably is what makes them feel a little larger.

Brunswick's like the TPU-X and the rebrands run pretty much true to size also, but feel narrow at first because they conform to your foot shape. But once you wear them a little and they break in and that feeling usually goes away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast