Thread: I thought I seen everything.....until yesterday.

Chats: 0

Default I thought I seen everything.....until yesterday.

Yesterday at work a once a month disabled league came in to bowl. All good people, very nice. They all had a wide variety of mental and physical disabilities of some sort, nothing wrong with that. There were a couple 160 bowlers in the group too, not too shabby. Nobody even used bumpers. I was looking and noticed something very odd with one bowler that really caught my eye. Yeah I'm sure it's probably been discussed here at some point. I searched, 500 matches so forgive me but I'm not looking through them all to find out. Even if it has, humor me to keep the coolness of it.

So, when the guy threw the ball I kept seeing this flashing under the black lights on his ball when it went down the lane, we don't use strobes or anything just the lights. Good thing, strobes probably wouldn't work out well with that particular group. Apparently this man with the flashing ball had a severe muscular disorder and his fingers were very thin and weak. There was no way this man could physically use the finger holes in a ball.

So how did the man get it down the lane? A ramp? Nope! Put it on the floor and push it? Nope! Two hands from between his legs? Nope! HIS BALL HAD....... A HANDLE! Yes! A handle! That's what the flashing was, it was white so it looked like it was flashing under the black lights as it rolled. I pops out of the ball and when he throws it, the handle goes back in flush with the ball. It's spring loaded. A freakin handle, imagine that!
    Why didn't I think of this? I never would have thought this even existed.

The guy didn't do too bad either, he shot a 131 so that's not all that bad. I went down and he let me see the ball, gotta admit it was pretty neat. Very nice man. At least there is still hope of bowling once my hand is shot someday. These ARE USBC legal for sanctioned use. Unfortunately my phone was hooked to our stereo system playing Pandora so I couldn't get a photo of it for you guys. I did however find a video in a web search, here is the link to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4IH72zZVM

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Yep the ball with a handle they been around for years, we had a lady on league that used one.

And just to let you know, they also have balls with lights and even a remote controlled ball.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

The handle is cool. The lighted doesn't surprise me, they stick a light or clock in anything they can now a days. A remote control though? <Facepalm> SMH

I guess I've missed a lot being out of the bowling centers for 10+ years. I won't mention those LED balls at work. That's the last thing I want to see everyday.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-19-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    The handle is cool. The lighted doesn't surprise me, they stick a light or clock in anything they can now a days. A remote control though? <Facepalm> SMH
    Here you go rc and lights

Note they had them 10 years ago.

Last edited by bowl1820; 03-19-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

OH COME ON! No no no, that is just wrong on so many levels man!

High Roller

Hey....I need that remote controlled ball and some young video gamer running it. Would definitely help my scores!

RC Bowling ball....pretty cool. Ball with the handle had heard of......never saw anyone use it. RC Ball......that would really blow some minds at my local House.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Outerlimits View Post
    RC Bowling ball....pretty cool. Ball with the handle had heard of......never saw anyone use it. RC Ball......that would really blow some minds at my local House.
    Yeah, that would be a fun trick to play on people. 'Hey Johnny....learned this new release. Watch this....'

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yeah, that would be a fun trick to play on people. 'Hey Johnny....learned this new release. Watch this....'
    I'd bring a remote and hack their frequency and make their ball chase them all over the bowling alley.