Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any real downside to buying a used ball?

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Friend of mine has a Force. I like the ball a lot but have to really fire it down there on most patterns

What is Bowling?

When I decided to play in leagues a couple years ago I bought a Brunswick Danger Zone Red Alert off Craig’s for $40 with a 2 ball bag, both very well used. Another $40 to the PSO for tips and a resurface and it worked very well for strikes, used a house plastic for spares. The first league I bowled included a DV8 poly to use instead of the house ball. I was able to get into league play for very cheap.

So far we've done OK using the Force, Blue Hammer, and Columbia Tyrant. We're both still using 2 fingers only for our best games. All three balls have very different reactions from each other so that's been fun to play with.

At this point I have one more coming, a Motiv Paranoia, that the USPS has seen fit to give a tour of the entire United States. I'm in Alabama. It started in Louisiana, went to Tennessee, then to Georgia, and then to Texas. No word on will it's going to arrive. We'll give it a try though and see how it works.

After that, I've decided the next purchase will be a ball that's actually fit for our hands. My son's in particular. I'm going to have my Force ball plugged and done for mine. These balls have been fun to experiment with but if I want to learn to throw a ball "properly" I need them to fit my hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12