Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Crossover step) Bowling Footwork videos

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Same here. I always walk a straight line no matter where I am throwing (well as straight as my drunk looking approach is...lol). Always worked for me. I swing my arm up as if I am going to shake hands with my mark so my swing isn't always in line with my walk.

He is my 'drunken' approach...lol > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgCCxqR6Lm8
    It's not "drunken" enough to get a BUI (Bowling under the influence). Then again if that was illegal I'd hear nothing but crickets at work because all the bowlers would get arrested.

Same here. I always walk a straight line no matter where I am throwing (well as straight as my drunk looking approach is...lol). Always worked for me. I swing my arm up as if I am going to shake hands with my mark so my swing isn't always in line with my walk.

He is my 'drunken' approach...lol > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgCCxqR6Lm8
    You're so drunk you're holding the ball in the wrong hand!

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    ROFL! No, you have it wrong. It's the "Crossover" approach.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Let me preface all of this by saying I've been bowling for a whole 6 months now. But I have watched all of these videos and others but I find little information on direction to walk or what board to finish on compared to when starting. It doesn't seem right for me to walk parallel to the lanes if I'm releasing the ball at board 20 and want it to hook at board 9. Don't I want to keep my swing path inline with my initial trajectory down the lane?
    Walking parallel to the boards or to the intended ball path are both viable options and is kind of dependent on your physical game and how your wanting to play the lanes.

Walking parallel to the boards is typically what you see in most videos. The players are usually playing out and have bigger launch angles & hooks. So they walk parallel to the boards, with the shoulders more open, That way their upper body and swing is aligned with the intended path when they reach the foul line.

If they tried to walk parallel to their intended ball path, A lot the times (depending on how deep they are playing) they would have to be far over in the next approach to walk that path.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Walking parallel to the boards or to the intended ball path are both viable options and is kind of dependent on your physical game and how your wanting to play the lanes.

Walking parallel to the boards is typically what you see in most videos. The players are usually playing out and have bigger launch angles & hooks. So they walk parallel to the boards, with the shoulders more open, That way their upper body and swing is aligned with the intended path when they reach the foul line.

If they tried to walk parallel to their intended ball path, A lot the times (depending on how deep they are playing) they would have to be far over in the next approach to walk that path.
    Can you define "playing out" and "bigger launch angles"?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Can you define "playing out" and "bigger launch angles"?
    (from the righthander view)

Playing out your throwing more left to right, playing a more open than closed launch angle.

Launch angle is the angle of the your target line, from where you release the ball at the foul line to your intended target.

Example the line on the left would be a big launch angle and as you move right the smaller more closed the angle is.

Launch Angle Bowling Tips

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Thank you Bowl1820!!!

I'd love to bowl somewhere where I can track my launch angles like that. It's hard for me to adjust when I don't know why I'm missing.

High Roller

You guys are both drunk. Boatman's holding the ball in the right hand. Whoever put up the graphic boards on the lanes was drunk, they are backwards. Take a look if you don't believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCAy...ature=youtu.be

High Roller

shheeeeeshhhhh. no wonder i'm having so much trouble

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast