Thread: Bowl1820 recipe thread

Chats: 0

Default Bowl1820 recipe thread

I just happened across your thread of recipes but you closed it. I bookmarked it, gonna try one of the pasta ones. You should re-open it and add more, plus I have a couple of phonetek exclusive creations I might share. Bowling is only one of my two passions, cooking is the other. Always looking for new ideas.

For others that haven't seen his thread, it's here:

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...ipe-collection
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-19-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Ringer

wow thanks, I had no clue we had recipes here. the Thai rice bowl sounds good and i think I will try my own version of the ramen noodle salad.

I just happen across it, I didn't know either. Having 3 kids, anything to do with Ramen noodles could taste like caviar and I couldn't have anything to do with it. LOL It's definitely a different take though, very clever.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    the Thai rice bowl sounds good
    I did a variation of that last night.

A 1/2 pd package of pre sliced beef stir fry meat
    Fajita Mix (Red, Green peppers & Onions) from produce dept.
    Some Moore's Asian Teriyaki Wing Sauce

Brown the meat, then add veg. cook till tender, then add sauce

Served over rice

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I did a variation of that last night.

A 1/2 pd package of pre sliced beef stir fry meat
    Fajita Mix (Red, Green peppers & Onions) from produce dept.
    Some Moore's Asian Teriyaki Wing Sauce

Brown the meat, then add veg. cook till tender, then add sauce

Served over rice
    that would be good with sticky rice.

1 1/2 cup Calrose rice
    2 cups water.
    1 tbs rive vinegar optional

soak rice in med sauce pan in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour
    bring to a boil and then cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes or until liquid is gone.
    spread out on flat surface or large plate to cool and add and mix in rice vinegar (optional)

chill in fridge and serve cold with your favorite Asian food.

I like to eat it alone with just some sweet Asian chili sauce.

A recipe I came up doing some experimenting in the kitchen for what I call "QPD" (Quad Pepper Dish) wifey's favorite

2 lbs. Polish Sausage or Kielbasa - sliced across in circles
    2 - Green Bell Peppers
    2 - Red Bell Peppers
    6 - Mild Banana Peppers
    4 - Poblano Dark Green or Ancho Peppers (red version of Poblano) *optional

For more heat substitute jalapeno's or hot banana peppers
    (All peppers seeded, sliced thin in strips) NOTE: For anything other than Bell peppers wear gloves!
    1 - Sweet Onion - sliced thin
    1 - Tomato - sliced thin
    1 can - Domestic Beer (Brand of your choice)
    4 - 5 TBSP Yellow Mustard

Use large deep glass or microwave safe casserole dish. In a single layer, place sausage on the bottom, set aside the rest. Begin layering peppers and onion in a similar fashion, set aside extra. Once each item has been layered continue layering again and repeat until all are used. Place tomato on the very top layer. Pour the entire beer in a adequate size bowl, add yellow mustard to the beer and whisk together. The mustard won't mix with the beer smooth but that's okay. Pour the mustard beer mixture over the top until it's all used. Add a few drizzles of yellow mustard over the top.

Cover and seal with plastic wrap. Microwave for 20 minutes, take out and stir meat and vegetable mixture. Microwave an additional 10 minutes. All peppers should be fully cooked and not crunchy. If they are still to crunchy then continue until they are soft just make sure to stir before each time. It depends on your microwave.

When you plate it, make sure to get some of the beer mixture on the plate. You can of course add more mustard if you like, wifey does I don't. It's a matter of taste. Same with the beer, if you want more then crack open another can and make more of the mix. It's a forgiving and versatile recipe, experiment with different sausages, peppers and beers. This is also one of those recipes that is always tastes better the next day like so many others. Just reheat for a few minutes and good to go. Enjoy!

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    A recipe I came up doing some experimenting in the kitchen for what I call "QPD" (Quad Pepper Dish) wifey's favorite

2 lbs. Polish Sausage or Kielbasa - sliced across in circles
    2 - Green Bell Peppers
    2 - Red Bell Peppers
    6 - Mild Banana Peppers
    4 - Poblano Dark Green or Ancho Peppers (red version of Poblano) *optional

For more heat substitute jalapeno's or hot banana peppers
    (All peppers seeded, sliced thin in strips) NOTE: For anything other than Bell peppers wear gloves!
    1 - Sweet Onion - sliced thin
    1 - Tomato - sliced thin
    1 can - Domestic Beer (Brand of your choice)
    4 - 5 TBSP Yellow Mustard

Use large deep glass or microwave safe casserole dish. In a single layer, place sausage on the bottom, set aside the rest. Begin layering peppers and onion in a similar fashion, set aside extra. Once each item has been layered continue layering again and repeat until all are used. Place tomato on the very top layer. Pour the entire beer in a adequate size bowl, add yellow mustard to the beer and whisk together. The mustard won't mix with the beer smooth but that's okay. Pour the mustard beer mixture over the top until it's all used. Add a few drizzles of yellow mustard over the top.

Cover and seal with plastic wrap. Microwave for 20 minutes, take out and stir meat and vegetable mixture. Microwave an additional 10 minutes. All peppers should be fully cooked and not crunchy. If they are still to crunchy then continue until they are soft just make sure to stir before each time. It depends on your microwave.

When you plate it, make sure to get some of the beer mixture on the plate. You can of course add more mustard if you like, wifey does I don't. It's a matter of taste. Same with the beer, if you want more then crack open another can and make more of the mix. It's a forgiving and versatile recipe, experiment with different sausages, peppers and beers. This is also one of those recipes that is always tastes better the next day like so many others. Just reheat for a few minutes and good to go. Enjoy!
    This sounds wonderful, but we don't like using a microwave. How long do you think this would take in the oven, or on the grill? About an hour?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    This sounds wonderful, but we don't like using a microwave. How long do you think this would take in the oven, or on the grill? About an hour?
    I honestly couldn't say Granny, I never tried it in the oven. Since the sausage is smoked it doesn't really need to be cooked just heated through and the veggies just need to be soft not crunchy. An hour would probably work at say 375. You'd probably have to stir it every 15 mins so as not to burn anything on the bottom. On the grill it's quite a lot of stuff so you'd probably have to use a cast iron pot to cook it in. Give it a try and let me know how it works out.