Thread: What stupid bug is going around now?

Chats: 0

Default What stupid bug is going around now?

Man I hate getting sick! All congested, cough attacks and nose running like a river! I don't get sick often but I it sucks when I do. It usually lasts for what seems like forever. Then it usually passes throughout the entire family one at a time. I don't take sick days unless I'm dying so forget that. On the upside, single celled organisms might be stealthy but fortunately they are stupid.

Ringer

so unfortunately there are several things going around. most doctors will tell you it is an unnamed virus and you just have to ride it out. I was sick for about a month, couldn't breath felt like crap and the works. my son also had influenza B. hang in there, you have a work ethic like my father, he would not miss a day unless it was real bad. myself is a different story. when i get sick my bad lungs bring me down fast. hope you get to feeling better soon and don't spread it to the rest of your co workers or you may be covering the whole place by yourself in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    hope you get to feeling better soon and don't spread it to the rest of your co workers or you may be covering the whole place by yourself in about a week.
    I don't see that as a down side, what a way to prove myself. LOL During the week it's usually two of us, weekend nights it can be 3 counter, a pin chaser plus 2 or 3 party coordinators if a lot is going on. The only bad part about being alone is if a lane goes down I'd leave the counter unattended. Kind of frowned upon because opening the register isn't rocket science and the booze would be easy to grab.

Yeah I have a work ethic for sure. I have always hated missing work. I had to have hernia surgeries 3 different times over the years and it's 6 weeks a pop I couldn't work. I went stir crazy especially being laid up. I don't even like having days off with this job. When I'm at home I just want to be at the bowling center. It's boring at home and my kids are obnoxious. In my entire time at the telephone company 23 years I only called in one sick day. However I wasn't REALLY sick, I was obliterated LOL I was an accident. It's a long story but it really wasn't intentional. I did confess to my boss later on. He didn't care and he wouldn't have if I told him flat out he said since it was unusual.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I don't see that as a down side, what a way to prove myself. LOL During the week it's usually two of us, weekend nights it can be 3 counter, a pin chaser plus 2 or 3 party coordinators if a lot is going on. The only bad part about being alone is if a lane goes down I'd leave the counter unattended. Kind of frowned upon because opening the register isn't rocket science and the booze would be easy to grab.

Yeah I have a work ethic for sure. I have always hated missing work. I had to have hernia surgeries 3 different times over the years and it's 6 weeks a pop I couldn't work. I went stir crazy especially being laid up. .
    I hear you. being out for a surgery is difficult esp when you are starting to feel better.

Man I thought I felt like crap when I did the OP. Now I don't know what is up with me. The other day I slept 15 hours and have been groggy for the past two days and can't get enough sleep. They wanted to send me home from work 3 hours early. Of course I said no. It feels like someone just sucked the energy out of me. I drank two cups of coffee before work and a full pot when I got there and still no improvement. I never drink that much coffee either. Wifey is freaking out, she wants me to go to ER. I said and tell them what? "I don't feel good?" I haven't felt like this since I had mono 20 years ago. Since it's the kissing disease and I've been married 19 years, I don't think that's the cause. I dunno
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

Maybe not the ER but sure might be worth your time to go see a doc. I was feeling crappy for a long time and was not getting any better. My usual doctor and the docs at the clinic said I just had some random virus. Finally went and seen a new Nurse Practitioner and he decided to do some tests. I found out I was in real danger of being diabetic and also have an issue with my heart. I had no clue of any of this but Imam now able to come up with an action plan. Sometimes it may take a few tries to come find out what is really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    Maybe not the ER but sure might be worth your time to go see a doc. I was feeling crappy for a long time and was not getting any better. My usual doctor and the docs at the clinic said I just had some random virus. Finally went and seen a new Nurse Practitioner and he decided to do some tests. I found out I was in real danger of being diabetic and also have an issue with my heart. I had no clue of any of this but Imam now able to come up with an action plan. Sometimes it may take a few tries to come find out what is really going on.
    Okay so this is weird, I was literally falling into walls walking and ready to collapse. However I still had to work. I went in and they seen me stumbling around and told me to go home. I told them let me put some coffee on and chill a bit. I had a cup, the place was completely dead. After a couple hours of busy work, cleaning the back of lane monitors and such I suddenly felt great. I feel just fine now I don't get it.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)