Thread: String Pinsetters?

Chats: 0

Default String Pinsetters?

I'm glad I don't have to work on these. It's bad enough getting knots out of house shoe laces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEqSrZR0h2c

High Roller

pinnochio anyone?

Ringer

That was funny, I seen something similar on Pintarest with someone's homemade back yard alley

Could you imagine how long a game would take with that length of cycle? On the upside I wouldn't have to keep walking down the lanes to remove dead wood. The only tools I'd need is a pair of scissors to be a mechanic. That and a large spool of extra string.

By the way, the model of this pinsetter is named "The Funk 10" made in Germany. This isn't home made, it's from a company called Funk. I think the name is close but with a slight modification can be more accurate especially if the strings don't de-tangle.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-23-2018 at 07:28 PM.

I bet in a bowling alley with those pinsetters even I could bowl a 300. All I'd have to do is talk to the employees first and see if they would pull some strings for me. OOOOHHH! Badum bum. Okay, Even I thought that was bad. No wonder the boss won't let me participate in open mic night.

One of the "family fun centers" in the area has those. It took a minute for me to realize what looked strange as a glanced over at the bowling lanes until i realized there were no sweepers and looked closer to see it was string pins. The cycle didn't seem to be near as long as it is in this video, though, it seemed like just a couple shakes to get reset.

I do wonder how or if those strings affect the pin action.

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post
    I do wonder how or if those strings affect the pin action.
    I thought the same thing. With strings flying around tripping the 4 pin could have a whole new meaning. They just have to effect something somehow. Plus since it picks up ALL the pins before a spare, if they were slid off spot but still standing they are re-spotted for the spare unlike mechanical pinsetters. It takes away the randomness of the real game. Rather cheezy in my opinion. A step up from Fisher Price. They are probably super cheap, appropriate for a "family fun center". I'll stick with conventional pinsetters and bowl with no strings attached. OMG! I can't stop these puns! Telling wifey to take away my laptop now.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 03-24-2018 at 01:09 AM.