Thread: The most unusual league you'll ever see

Chats: 0

Default The most unusual league you'll ever see

You've heard me mention them before. If you come to the center I work every other Saturday this is the group you will see. Yep, it's the Furies! A rather unique group to say the least. Unusual but well behaved. They have a good time and yes they bowl in costume. They don't have thumb hole issues but their claws may hang up in the ball a bit. Unfortunately if the burst a callus we don't have a supply of "New Fur" to patch them up.

One in particular dressed as a Husky is a very nice guy or girl? The voice doesn't really give an answer either way but I think it's a girl. She is known for doing various trick shots. Spinning around, throwing the ball. Sitting in the seats and throwing it. Another is to take an unsuspecting victim and having them stand at the foul line throwing it between their legs. All and all she's not bad, usually getting 180's with all this foolery. I'm curious how good she'd be without the costume bowling regularly.

This night I volunteered to throw it while between the Husky's legs and threw a nice strike. I had furies coming from everywhere to give me a high paw. I can say it's the first time I ever used the tip of a Husky's tail for my target on the lane. Anyway, here they are.

https://s9.postimg.org/s8vi1ljqn/IMG...7_230122_1.jpg

That's kinda cool. A little weird, but cool.

Do they reserve lanes or just show up on a particular night?

Ringer

definitely something I have never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    That's kinda cool. A little weird, but cool.

Do they reserve lanes or just show up on a particular night?
    It's a league that's every Saturday at 10pm but it's year round. Soon as it ends the start the next season as if it continued, kinda strange. There lanes are automatically blocked out for them. The only thing special they have set up is that it's always under the black lights. We like them because they are well behaved as I said but they order a lot of drinks and order more food than any other league so it's a cash cow for us. I think we should put out water bowls for them, I think it would be easier to lap the water out of a bowl than to try to get a straw inside the costume heads.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    definitely something I have never seen.
    From what I've been told there is a similar league downtown Chicago somewhere with a much much bigger presence. I know there are a couple houses around with over 50 lanes and it's in one of them and they fill the place. I think the ones we get come there because there is a train station right across the street. Probably easier than hauling those costumes around in a car. They can just wear them on the train.

Chats: 256

LOL too funny. Ever caught them doing something, ahem, not kosher in a bowling alley?
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    LOL too funny. Ever caught them doing something, ahem, not kosher in a bowling alley?
    No, can't say that I have. I did hear one of them grabbed one of the pin chasers rear one night but he set them straight really quick. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary. I know the one dressed as Rainbow Dash was ripped, not sure if it was booze or "other". I don't ask, don't wanna know and I don't want to know what they do behind closed doors either LOL

Wow, looks crazy to me, but they sure are having fun.
    I never heard of this before so did a you-tube search and found several video's.

Sample:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJtJLeURuJo

If those costumes were cheap I'd pick one up and show up in it and mess with my co-workers and not give myself away. Since they are like 2 grand they tell me, I'll forego on the practical joke.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by jamoke View Post
    Wow, looks crazy to me, but they sure are having fun.
    I never heard of this before so did a you-tube search and found several video's.

Sample:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJtJLeURuJo
    LOL. I actually bowled in that exact center a few weeks ago while in Seattle visiting family. Really nice older center that is privately owned.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up