Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The UNTHINKABLE happened and I'm out of commission for a bit!!

High Roller
    Chats: 0

So when you get back later let us know how your 7 games go...lol

Good luck!

Just read your ordeal. Glad you are not more seriously injured. Get healed up. Our House has tables right up to the lanes and folks sit down their and drink during leagues. It always worries me that someone will spill or drop liquid because they are just feet from the approach. You would never notice it if you stepped in something. You have to walk through them to get on the approach. I have learned the hard way also to check my slide foot on the approach.
    A lot of talented youth bowlers down here and they take their bowling pretty serious. More than once I have seen them self policing their buddies when they got out of line and did something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    So when you get back later let us know how your 7 games go...lol

Good luck!
    I didn't bowl 7 games only 5 smarty guy! LOL I did throw a frame during my kids game and it felt fine so I decided to go ahead and do it. I did very well. I started with 200, then 215, 232, 279 and 257. I think I need to get hurt more often. I'm pooped now but I'm not in pain, just physically drained. I had to laugh at one of my co-workers that also came up to bowl.

I asked "You ready to go a couple games, $50 each?" He said "I've been watching you all night and haven't seen you miss a single pin, NO f'ing way am I ever bowling you for money!" LMAO I had one guy come up to me and asked if I'd bowl his 10th frame for him, I said I'm sure you'll do fine. That was amusing.

My son tells me a bunch of the open bowlers were watching me that I had an audience. I usually pay little attention to that but I know they are there. It's fun though. I was just having a good night and on point with my spares, I only missed a few, one was a 1-2-10 wash out and another was a 7 pin I wiggled and a 6-7 I was close on. All and all pretty good.

High Roller

well i was closer than you. you said 1 game, i said 7...lol. i bet i had an audience last week too but i was at the other end of the spectrum. couldn't hit anything. so how was the new ball?

Glad you're feeling OK and back out. It's odd that sometimes when you're a little off it seems to help everything else fall into place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123