3000 Grit LSS
Asymmetric Core
Layout 50 x 4-5/8 x 40

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 Up
Rev Rate 250. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The new Motiv Villain is a fun ball to roll! Throw it to your target and watch it come back. Motiv has wrapped a very nice medium friction Coercion cover around the Sinister core. The Sinister core was used some time ago and had many fans. I was, and I am still a fan of this core. In the older balls with the Sinister core I had to use weaker layouts so the ball would not burn early, not with this one. I have put three different layouts on my Villains and got three distinct differences! I see more shape variations with layouts on this ball than any other ball I can think of. I believe this is because the medium friction cover allows for easy length even while having a strong core. The Villain fits between my Rising and SS in total hook. On our typical house shot during league I mostly cannot use my Rising due to the early read and total hook at box surface. I have not had any problem using my Villain at box during league, even when moving deep. It may not be the best choice for the third game but it is too much fun to put down! The ball comes with 3000 surface but tunes easily. The Villains versatility will make it a must have strong benchmark or tournament ball. Motiv shows the Villain to be smooth on the back end but the ones I have used and drilled have been pretty angular. I have used this ball at three different houses so far. One a medium house shot, one a wet house shot and a medium volume flat shot. The ball worked very well on all conditions. The Villain carry is excellent probably due to the entry angle and the ball continues nicely through the pins. I drilled a Villain for one of my better high speed bowlers and I’ve never seen him carry light hits as well as he does with tis ball. I think Motiv has developed something special with the Villain. It moves differently than any non-polished ball I have ever used. The Villain will definitely be part of my house, tournament and National line up this year.

Summary:
The Villain will be an excellent strong benchmark or tournament ball.
This ball is very versatile with layouts and surface.
The Villain reads the mid lane while retaining energy for plenty of hit.
If you like to trust a ball the Villain is a great choice.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowlng.com
Video link:
https://youtu.be/vgVABDPfqU8