Thread: What do you use to clean other bowling shoe bottoms?

Chats: 0

Default What do you use to clean other bowling shoe bottoms?

I obviously know how to clean my shoe bottoms hence my post. Mine are Linds with the cloth slide sole and rubber on the other. I'm talking about our house shoes at the bowling center. They are that shinny brownish cardboard looking stuff which is totally different than mine. Mine I just used a magic eraser on the rubber and lightly sanded the cloth side and good as new. Well, that was before being beer soaked anyway. It's TBD if that will work now.

I don't think I can use either method on house shoes. I'm just curious because some are looking pretty grim. We have old ones we don't use anymore in the back I can practice on.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I obviously know how to clean my shoe bottoms hence my post. Mine are Linds with the cloth slide sole and rubber on the other. I'm talking about our house shoes at the bowling center. They are that shinny brownish cardboard looking stuff which is totally different than mine. Mine I just used a magic eraser on the rubber and lightly sanded the cloth side and good as new. Well, that was before being beer soaked anyway. It's TBD if that will work now.

I don't think I can use either method on house shoes. I'm just curious because some are looking pretty grim. We have old ones we don't use anymore in the back I can practice on.
    In regard to house shoes, Unless management told you too (and if they did do it the way they advise). I would be leery of doing it, Because if someone fell because of it being done improperly it could come back on you (and the house). So be fore warned!

The house shoe soles typically are just leather, A wire brush is typically used for cleaning soles so should be safe. You might could use a suede cleaner followed by a brush.

A damp cloth for any sticky type stuff, Dried and brushed maybe.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    In regard to house shoes, Unless management told you too (and if they did do it the way they advise). I would be leery of doing it, Because if someone fell because of it being done improperly it could come back on you (and the house). So be fore warned!

The house shoe soles typically are just leather, A wire brush is typically used for cleaning soles so should be safe. You might could use a suede cleaner followed by a brush.

A damp cloth for any sticky type stuff, Dried and brushed maybe.
    Yes of course I wouldn't take it upon myself to do it without permission. I was asking because I have had people tell me some are excessively slick. Looking at them they are super shinny not matte or dull. We have hundreds of pairs of shoes some are new that we rotate in and some are just spares if for some reason we have 30 people come in with size 6 feet which happens more often than you'd imagine. I asked the boss what to use on them and he had no idea so I figure I'd ask to give him an answer. I knew you'd have a solution Bowl, you always do.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

If the soles are too slick then a wire brush should knock the shine off or a green scotchbrite possibly.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I have used alcohol to clean my shoes. But a caveat here. I have not always purchased the most expensive shoes. I did have a pair of Linds which I cleaned with alcohol. Of course you have to let them dry completely before you try bowling with the. If needed I would then used a brush on the slider part. Now I have a pair of shoes with interchangeable heels and slider. Not sure what I might do to clean these but for now the slider side is not slipppery enough so I am using a overlay slider. Just brand new - maybe 12 games on them. But I have to say they are different than the universal slider shoes and I think I like them better.