Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Break at the Bowling center is nuts!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    after watching some bowling fail videos on the tube I realized that there was a big difference in how I felt about different behaviors. its one thing when its a family out for a good time and probably knows very little about etiquette and some rowdy folks acting stupid. it makes me cringe to see the latter. most of the videos are of children rolling their ball and then taking off down the lane to catch it followed shortly by the parent taking off to catch them. they then slip and fall on top of the kid. we should always be ambassadors for the sport and try and help where we can. either through example or through direct contact with the patron. obviously there are those times when it is practically pointless.
    Yes, some people never learn. Yesterday there was a mom with several kids and they did everything imaginable wrong. I was off the clock and let my co-worker deal with them. She must have went over there 7 times. I told her I would have thrown them out long before then. Apparently she is either less scary than me or has more patience. Even the mechanic yelled at one of the kids treating the ball return like a pommel horse. They should have got the boot. I was bowling two lanes over and I just ignored them. They didn't effect my game a bit. 5 games low to mid 2's. The last game I didn't think I'd do it. I have 5 splits in a row but I covered 3 and ended up striking out from the 8th on ending with a 212. I guess I'm getting better at ignoring morons
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

this week is our spring break for the kids and many of the local lanes are running specials but I did not see any for the center i usually go to so i am tempted to head over there after work.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Ringer

Made it to the center after work. When I came in the place was not too crowded. I noticed there were about 3 pairs open at the end and requested the end lane. I did not have the place for long as the place filled in fast. There were lots of kids but luckily had a couple of descent folks next to me. The kids will be back in school next week, I wonder if my boss would consider giving me a day off next week😏
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    Made it to the center after work. When I came in the place was not too crowded. I noticed there were about 3 pairs open at the end and requested the end lane. I did not have the place for long as the place filled in fast. There were lots of kids but luckily had a couple of descent folks next to me. The kids will be back in school next week, I wonder if my boss would consider giving me a day off next week😏
    Just call in sick and make sure you park your car in the back of the bowling alley in case the boss drives by LOL
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

Ya the boss goes between two facilities and her other place is right across the street from the center
    Southpaw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12