Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Break at the Bowling center is nuts!

Chats: 0

Default Spring Break at the Bowling center is nuts!

The last two days I've been flying around that place like a mosquito in a nudist colony. I don't think a single lane has been off for more than 5 minutes from 9am to midnight yesterday and we had a line at the door at 8:30 this morning and slammed until I got off at 6:30 tonight. Yesterday it was 2 games w/shoes $5 per person and today $2 a game and $2 shoes. Plus $1 domestic draft and $2 draft IPA's. Freakin crazy in that place. Tomorrow is $7 unlimited bowling w/shoes but I'm off. All I know is I'm staying out of there on my day off for a change.

I enjoy it when it's busy like that but the only bad part is due to the demographic you run your butt off and end a shift with like $12 in tips which bites. Good thing is my knee is feeling better. I'm not hobbling around like I was. Then again, not much time to think about it. It's not swollen much anymore either, the ice and heat has worked well. I may be back in business in another week or so. Going to FINALLY pick up my Rip'd from the PSO tomorrow. It's gonna kill me just looking at it not being able to test it out.

Ringer

yep, spring break for the kids here starts next week. mine are off all of next week. most of the centers are running specials and I have been getting emails from them advertising every day. I will more than likely be avoiding the lanes next week unless i can squeeze a couple of games in between the end of the daily specials and the leagues.

Our local spring break was last week and they ran a 9 to 11 PM all you can bowl. It was the comic bowling stuff. They got pretty crowded which is good for business.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Our local spring break was last week and they ran a 9 to 11 PM all you can bowl. It was the comic bowling stuff. They got pretty crowded which is good for business.
    yep good for business and maybe some of these kids bowling will end up with a life long passion for the sport.

Just call your center ahead of time, they should be able to tell you if they can squeeze you in. We don't do reservations over the phone but they can be done online plus see what the specials are. If yours is anything like mine it should all be online, it seems most of them are doing that now. I still tell people to call though because online reservations just pop up on the time slots but we don't get notifications of it. I can always tell people what's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Just call your center ahead of time, they should be able to tell you if they can squeeze you in. We don't do reservations over the phone but they can be done online plus see what the specials are. If yours is anything like mine it should all be online, it seems most of them are doing that now. I still tell people to call though because online reservations just pop up on the time slots but we don't get notifications of it. I can always tell people what's available.
    We have a reservation for one of the 4 open lanes on Wednesday night league night that rolls over every week now. We also hit them up on Friday night and we usually beat the crowd. Sundays we got in the afternoon for another standing special they have and are usually some of the first people there. It's been really cool most of the time but we've had a few times now where people don't have any clue as to etiquette or staying anywhere but right next to the ball return. 5 people on a lane and they're all standing up next to the ball return the entire time

We have a reservation for one of the 4 open lanes on Wednesday night league night that rolls over every week now. We also hit them up on Friday night and we usually beat the crowd. Sundays we got in the afternoon for another standing special they have and are usually some of the first people there. It's been really cool most of the time but we've had a few times now where people don't have any clue as to etiquette or staying anywhere but right next to the ball return. 5 people on a lane and they're all standing up next to the ball return the entire time
    No reason to put up with that kind of crap. If you don't want to say anything to the people acting like fools then go to the counter. If it's a respectable place they will mention it to them. Let the employees be the bad guys, we are there to keep things in order so everyone can enjoy their time. Don't be shy about it bud.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    No reason to put up with that kind of crap. If you don't want to say anything to the people acting like fools then go to the counter. If it's a respectable place they will mention it to them. Let the employees be the bad guys, we are there to keep things in order so everyone can enjoy their time. Don't be shy about it bud.
    The thing is, that's MOST of the type of people out there open bowling. If I complained about it to the front they'd wonder which of the 20 something lanes that are doing the same thing I was talking about. It's the type of business they get on non league nights and to be fair, people just don't know any better.

The thing is, that's MOST of the type of people out there open bowling. If I complained about it to the front they'd wonder which of the 20 something lanes that are doing the same thing I was talking about. It's the type of business they get on non league nights and to be fair, people just don't know any better.
    Agreed, there are quite a few threads on here discussing these very issues and the lack of bowlers etiquette. It's just the way it is now a days. Learning to ignore it and block it out makes you a better bowler if you want to look on the bright side.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

after watching some bowling fail videos on the tube I realized that there was a big difference in how I felt about different behaviors. its one thing when its a family out for a good time and probably knows very little about etiquette and some rowdy folks acting stupid. it makes me cringe to see the latter. most of the videos are of children rolling their ball and then taking off down the lane to catch it followed shortly by the parent taking off to catch them. they then slip and fall on top of the kid. we should always be ambassadors for the sport and try and help where we can. either through example or through direct contact with the patron. obviously there are those times when it is practically pointless.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast