Thread: Hello from Ohio

Default Hello from Ohio

Approved at last! I've been lurking for about a month, waiting for my account to be activated.

I'm a 30-something bowler in Northern Ohio, currently a 120-average (yuck). I never took bowling seriously, until I joined a league a few months ago, and was instantly hooked. I purchased my very first ball, fingertip grip, and proceeded to toss it in every gutter I could find.

Now, I'm at least getting the basics, but there is much to be desired in consistency. I've found this place to be an incredible help to me, and have made a lot of progress recently.

Very glad to be here!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

welcome, glad you patiently waited. give the fingertip grip some time. I just barely started with the fingertip thing myself. I think there are a few from Ohio here.

Welcome to the board! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Maybe it took so long to get approved because they were waiting for you to put on your "Happy cat face"? Either way, I'm sure something here will make you smile. Glad to have you jump on the pile.

Lol maybe. It’s just an old name that I’ve used before, and won’t forget.

I love all of the advice I’ve already found here. This site has helped tremendously.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    proceeded to toss it in every gutter I could find.
    Love that! Been bowling for over 80% of my nearly 52 years. I had my first gutter ball this year for the first time in longer than I can remember. Don't feel bad.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Lol maybe. It’s just an old name that I’ve used before, and won’t forget.

I love all of the advice I’ve already found here. This site has helped tremendously.
    I know what you mean, I've been using Phonetek as a screen name since 1988 on old BBS's, years before even America Online existed and various chat sites and it just stuck. Now that I've been out of telecom for quite some time I need to come up with something different. Especially since I'm now on a bowling site and work at a bowling center I should have something bowling related. At this point it's too late to change. I don't think it's even an option without starting a whole new account unless the Admins are able to do so. I think I'm too well established here anyway to change now even if I could.

Aside from that, ask any questions you want. Even upload videos of your bowling and we can help critique your style and offer some tips to help you out if you are so inclined to do so.