Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding another to my ball arsenal - Roto Grip Idol

Chats: 256

Default Adding another to my ball arsenal - Roto Grip Idol

Decided after talking with my pro shop guy to add another ball to my arsenal.

Last minute addition as I am going to Syracuse for Nationals on Monday. LOL

Roto Grip Idol will be the ball I am getting drilled up tomorrow.

Adding one more ball that is drilled pin down to complement the others in my bag.

Will be taking the Idol(2000 grit) in addition to Storm Drive(2000 grit), Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused(4000 grit), Storm Sure Lock(1500 grit), Roto Grip Haywire(1500 grit) and my spare ball.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

What will you be using after transition sets in? Just curious. Looks like you have plenty of high powered balls in your arsenal...

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    What will you be using after transition sets in? Just curious. Looks like you have plenty of high powered balls in your arsenal...
    Will be starting with pin up higher surface balls(Haywire or Drive) and then hope to stay in the track area we burn in on the lane. With these I can play a bit straighter to start out with a more smooth hook to the pocket. Will progress to pin down equipment as the sets move on so they start a little later. I never really see that major of a transition where a lower powered ball is needed from over hooking. Move further left and get a bit deeper. Hyper Cell Fused will be used which help push through the fronts when the heads are starting burn up, yet still make a move on the back ends.

The Doubles/Singles pattern appears to be longer than in prior years so I think that will play to my strength. Atleast that is the plan. LOL!!

I will report back next week after I have bowled the events and see how my equipment choices did for me.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Thanks for your views. I guess I was half blind when looking at your arsenal the first time as I skipped right over the Hectic and the Drive as these are pretty good balls for transition or dry conditions I'd think. I've found that my Hustle INK is very good for that as well. Good luck at Nationals and look forward to how things work out for you. Looks like your scores should be good, but I'd like to hear your comments on what you found that worked well for you...

Thank you djp.

Well, here it is.

First chance I will have to throw it will be in Syracuse. Taking Timeless out of the 6 balls I am taking with me.

The Idol looks really nice and I've seen some reviews of it. One of my friends has the Timeless and he likes it a lot. He bowls at another house and haven't seen him with it yet. I wonder how much difference there is between the Idol and your Drive. The Code X looks to be in the same range as these I'd think...

Chats: 0

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...-Beach-Florida

Above link goes to my rankings of a recent ball demo. I recently bought #4 on that list and love it.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    The Idol looks really nice and I've seen some reviews of it. One of my friends has the Timeless and he likes it a lot. He bowls at another house and haven't seen him with it yet. I wonder how much difference there is between the Idol and your Drive. The Code X looks to be in the same range as these I'd think...
    From what my pro shop guy said, he was super surprised how much the Idol hooks. He said he thinks it moves more than his Code X. He said the Idol just keep going, he did say because it keeps going, he was leaving a lot of 7-8-9's.

He thinks best bang for buck ball right now. I have really liked my Haywire so hope all the hype about the Idol being like the Haywire turns out to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...-Beach-Florida

Above link goes to my rankings of a recent ball demo. I recently bought #4 on that list and love it.
    Cool. Have seen a couple guys throwing Hot Cell. Rolls really nice.

Chats: 0

If Roto Grip could put out an Idol Cell sometime in August. Some people would be very pleased. I would have bought an Idol, but snagged 2 more NIB Haywires before they left production. Idol = Haywire. Maybe better, only rolled 1 game with it.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast