Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quitting bowling FOR GOOD!

Chats: 0

Default Quitting bowling FOR GOOD!

Seriously peeps? You should know me better than that. Am I the only one to realize it's April Fools? Perhaps the only one infantile enough to use it. I'll never quit bowling even if I have to have a ramp attached to my death bed wheeled on the approach.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

SandBagger

April Fool's jokes only work when they are believable. You failed miserably!
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Seriously peeps? You should know me better than that. Am I the only one to realize it's April Fools? Perhaps the only one infantile enough to use it. I'll never quit bowling even if I have to have a ramp attached to my death bed wheeled on the approach.
    For this to work you can’t just put up the teaser thread title and then say April Fool. It needs an Aslan style three paragraph rant about the futility of practicing and trying to improve only to get beat by four year olds throwing two handed and getting back to back 300s. Then, after several pages of replies culminating in Iceman returning to the boards to plead for you to stay in the sport because you have the “gift”, and only then do you reveal that it’s an April Fools joke.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by TCJ View Post
    April Fool's jokes only work when they are believable. You failed miserably!
    You never know, I could have a bad night and threw a tantrum but then again that's not me either. You're right I failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    For this to work you can’t just put up the teaser thread title and then say April Fool. It needs an Aslan style three paragraph rant about the futility of practicing and trying to improve only to get beat by four year olds throwing two handed and getting back to back 300s. Then, after several pages of replies culminating in Iceman returning to the boards to plead for you to stay in the sport because you have the “gift”, and only then do you reveal that it’s an April Fools joke.
    I've seen many posts by Aslan but he seems to have left the board shortly prior to my arrival. I've already been told I am a close second with some of the length of my posts though. I'm a detail guy, what can I say? As for having a "gift" on the lanes hmmm well if that were true I wouldn't be working at a bowling center I'd own one. Scratch that theory.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

yup more suspense would have been more convincing. I did have to have a second look at the name to make sure I was not seeing things.

I guess in the future I'll stick to practical jokes like swapping sugar in the salt shakers and vise versa, I"m better at that.
    Bowling Center Manager

Ringer

I guess in the future I'll stick to practical jokes like swapping sugar in the salt shakers and vise versa, I"m better at that.
    as long as its not the ol super glue in the finger hole trick I seen on the pink panther cartoon.

Nah, I wouldn't do that. That would cause injury. I stick to just being asinine vs. a jerk. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager

I've seen many posts by Aslan but he seems to have left the board shortly prior to my arrival. I've already been told I am a close second with some of the length of my posts though.
    No Phonetek, you are nothing like Aslan. No one is. The only thing that compares to him may be your posting frequency. Trust me, you do not want to climb inside that mind.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Ringer

Nah, I wouldn't do that. That would cause injury. I stick to just being asinine vs. a jerk. LOL
    no of course not
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast