Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least I was consistent

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default At least I was consistent

Ughhhh. Couldn't buy a strike tonight. Practice was pretty good and started the night with 4 strikes. hmmmm....gonna be a great night! yeah, right. We bowled the 1st place team (we were in 2nd). Couldn't catch them but could have dropped to 5th and 2 teams were right on our tails. Ended of 5-2 tonight so we finished 1 game ahead of 3rd. The 1st place team has 6 guys averaging between 207 and 222. Tonight they had a 653, 567, 620, 699, and 582. We had 561, 521, 558, 630, and 650. We lost the first game by 101, won the 2nd by 86, and won the 3rd by 116. I hit my mark almost every shot. Probably the best I have done all year at hitting it consistently. Kept hitting light all night. Moved about 3 boards left and still hit light. Moved my mark in by about 3 boards and still hit light. I never have to move that far. When I did hit the pocket I would leave a pin almost every time. At least I was pretty good with spares tonight.

Had a 188, 190 (clean), and 180. Started the night with 4 strikes and ended the night with 3 strikes. Just wish I could have got more in between. Current league average is 173.0

Next week we bowl for averages. I guess all teams bowl and whoever beats their average by the most wins the championship? Not sure of the details, just know that's what we are bowling for next week.

Our PSO had another 300 tonight. 2nd one since I started in early February. Said he drilled up a new ball for last week but it was too strong so he polished it up for this week and said it was perfect.

So all in all I had 12 strikes, 15 spares, and 5 opens. Was able to cover the 2, 5, 7 split and also the 1, 3, 7 (not a split but should be...lol). Did a much better job with the left corner. Didn't have any solo 7 pins but had a few 4's and some 4, 7's and 4, 7, 8's and covered all of them I think. Been really struggling with that all year so was happy I seem to be getting better with those.

Goal for next year is a 200 average. Had a 193 when I quit 15 years ago so I know I can do it. Just need to get more consistent. Bowling in a summer league so hope to get some things ironed out before the fall league starts back up.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Consistency is a good start! I would take a series with every game over my average rather than bowl a 300 with the other games under my average.
    John

Ringer

great goal for next year. sounds like you are on the right track with what you are working on. covering your spares and all. keep us posted.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

You've come a long way since Jan when you joined the board a couple days after me Boatman, keep it up.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Yeah. I have to keep looking at the bright side. 15 years ago I rarely missed any spares. 3 months ago I was missing more than I made. Hope this is the turnaround I was looking for. And the 2,5,7 and the 1,3,7 that I made was on purpose. I try to make all my spares regardless of what they are. I would rather get a gutter trying to convert a 4,7,10 than to just settle for the 4,7 without trying. So those weren't flukes. I really was all in on those spares.

Just remember, league is just about done. You've then got ALL summer to practice practice practice. By next fall you'll have all your ducks in a row.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Consistency is a good start! I would take a series with every game over my average rather than bowl a 300 with the other games under my average.
    John are you serous? Why would you say that? 90% of the bowlers in leagues will never hit a 300 game but almost everybody has had a series with all 3 games over average.

Still not too shabby!

High Roller

I agree with John. The 300's will come or they won't. I would prefer to bowl 3 consistent games than 1 great game and 2 average games. My 2nd week back I had a 244 then a 124. Forget the 3rd game but ended with about a 550. I wasn't happy when I left. Maybe if the 244 was last but I knew I blew it and the 244 was a fluke. If I had bowled 3 180's I would have been happier.

BTW-our PSO shot another 300 last night. 2nd one for him in our league since I started in early February.

@Phonetek-i signed up for the summer league so i will get my practice in

Ringer

Keep up the good work!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast