Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busted!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yep. My last job they REQUIRED us to take our 15 minute breaks and we were not allowed to be at our desks or workstations. The shop people would take their chairs and move them a few feet from their work tables and sit. Weren't allowed to be within arms reach of your work area.
    Been taking lunch at my desk for many years. no one around to cover if someone comes by and needs something. the boss keeps saying we need to take an un interupted lunch but I don't mind taking a call or helping someone usually.

I remember going to work with my dad when i was around 10 yrs or so. he was the boss and I remember when the bell went off for break I mentioned to him that it was break time. he said " us (my last name here) don't take breaks" that always stuck with me as an adult. what I did not realize at the time was that his office was about 5 ft away from the coffee machine and he was in his office drinking coffee and smoking most of the time.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    Been taking lunch at my desk for many years. no one around to cover if someone comes by and needs something. the boss keeps saying we need to take an un interupted lunch but I don't mind taking a call or helping someone usually.

I remember going to work with my dad when i was around 10 yrs or so. he was the boss and I remember when the bell went off for break I mentioned to him that it was break time. he said " us (my last name here) don't take breaks" that always stuck with me as an adult. what I did not realize at the time was that his office was about 5 ft away from the coffee machine and he was in his office drinking coffee and smoking most of the time.
    Yeah. i cheated a little. i rarely take breaks. today i had meetings from 11:00AM until 2:30PM straight through so i grabbed my food and ate during my meeting. i work from home so can get away with it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    I forgot to mention. The reason I made the spreadsheet is that we have 74 different kinds of beer in our cooler alone. That doesn't include the 24 varieties of hard liquor and the 6 beers on tap. Oh and at least a dozen kinds of wine. Writing a list gets cumbersome to say the least when you have to restock LOL
    Wow! Maybe my wife and I should stop into your place rather than going to the Pour House in Oakbrook. You've got quite a selection over there. But the Pour House has lots more on tap...

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Wow! Maybe my wife and I should stop into your place rather than going to the Pour House in Oakbrook. You've got quite a selection over there. But the Pour House has lots more on tap...
    I'm not a beer person, I guess it would be more accurate to say we have lagers, pale ale's, IPA's and of course imports and domestic. I couldn't tell what one is good and what's bad. I know people go nuts for 3 floyds Gumball, Alpha King, YumYum, Middle Finger & especially Zombie Dust. I guess that stuff is hard to find. It must be good for $5 a bottle.

Corona Premier is another new one that sells like crazy. I have a complete list if you really want me to send it to you, it's on my computer but it doesn't have prices. On tap we have Mosaic Motive, Green Line, Miller Lite, Stella and one new one I don't know what it is, they just put it in before I got off work. Needless to say it's a well stocked bar. I didn't include the about 30 types of booze.
    If there is something special you like to drink let me know I can ask
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

As far as the OP, I used to work through lunch all the time in the field at the phone company. I may hit a drive thru once in a while and eat a hot dog on the way to my next job but I never punched out for lunch but I also got paid for it which they weren't supposed to do but did it anyway given the circumstances. I couldn't justify to myself being at a customer running a business and all their phone lines were down and their internet as well and telling them "Sorry, lunch time...see you in an hour" This could be why I'm 6'2" and 160 lbs LOL
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

One of my favorites is Bells Two Hearted. Green Line is okay. Solemn Oath is out of Naperville and they have some good IPAs. Two Brothers is out of Aurora and they have a couple that aren't bad. Revolution is out of Chicago and most of their Hero lines of IPAs are pretty good. Revolution Anti-Hero you can even find at Walmart. Their Citra Hero is great. Pipeworks is out of Chicago, too, and they have a number of beers and ales that are darn tasty in my opinion with their Ninja lines of IPAs. Enough for now...

Yeah we have some of those. Two hearted, two brothers and Anti-hero we have for sure.
    Bowling Center Manager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12