Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got my Rip'd I've been waiting for

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The Ebonite Thunderbolt was a Black Urethane ball, There was also a Thunderbolt M/D which is a pearl & bluish color and the black D/B

Now there was the Ebonite FireBolt SO which was Green/Black

Of course Storm had a "Bolt" series with the "Bolt" a Solid green.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    was it an ugly green? Ebonite had a greenish looking thunderbolt.

I think it was a Firebolt it was a darker green solid but we are talking 30+ years ago, it had the big E on it along with those connected circle logo things they had back then. I couldn't even find a Google image of it, I guess it wasn't even photo worthy. Nonetheless it's in a dump somewhere long ago. I guess I hold a grudge on crummy balls LOL
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I think it was a Firebolt it was a darker green solid but we are talking 30+ years ago, it had the big E on it along with those connected circle logo things they had back then. I couldn't even find a Google image of it, I guess it wasn't even photo worthy. Nonetheless it's in a dump somewhere long ago. I guess I hold a grudge on crummy balls LOL
    Just google "Ebonite Firebolt" there are three Firebolt (black), Firebolt II(blue) & Firebolt SO.(green/black)

30 years ago is about right, the connected circle logo was the "Gyrobalance" logo and which was used for the Ebonite Gyro Balanced Ball Weighting.

Click for larger image:

The Firebolt SO was a short oil ball (thus the SO). See commercial

Last edited by bowl1820; 04-12-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Thanks Bowl for the extra effort once again, you figured it out. It was in fact the SO. My old mind is too busy wasting space remembering the lyrics to Wang Chung and many other irrelevant things to remember exactly which ball this was before you posted that. Nonetheless it's in a landfill where it belongs.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

the one i was looking at was a olive green and said ebonite thunderbolt power core, this was ugly but these others are not so bad
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12