Thread: My ball reacted like a boomerang at practice Thursday............

Chats: 0

Default My ball reacted like a boomerang at practice Thursday............

Me and my league partner Rick went for some practice Thursday afternoon. I always start practice with my 14# Blue Hammer until I get warmed up. I was standing with my slide foot arch on board 20 and was throwing out to a breakpoint of board 5. I noticed the Blue was hooking more then I thought it would. I told my friend the lanes must be on the dry side. I found out they were when I started the second game with my reactive Hammer Anger ball. I was standing on board 24 and using a breakpoint of between boards 5 and 10. Not good there and hitting too high. I kept moving right-I am left handed- and couldn't believe how far right I had to go to hit the pocket right. I ended up with the arch of my slide foot on board 31 and it was the same for both lanes. I tried getting the ball to about a breakpoint of board 10 to 15. The better spot was between boards 5 and 10. I had to open up my body pretty much to get this to work right. I had several times where my ball got away from me and went out to the 4 board and came back to the pocket. Rick couldn't believe it and I couldn't either. I didn't think it was possible for me to be able to do this. This was kind of like cranker stuff and that ain't me.

The fourth game I just had the confidence to do this and I had just one open the second frame and the rest were strikes and spares. I was glad that this day I was able to pick up the pocket 7 leaves. The tenth frame of game four I finished with three strikes and got a 196 game. I really was enjoying what I was able to accomplish that afternoon. When we left I asked the owner about the oil situation on the lanes we bowled. I told him that I felt my ball was reacting like a boomerang. He said that the lane hasn't been oiled since 6PM the day before. Plus he said they had leagues bowling on there last night and a woman's league in the morning before we got there after lunch. I know when we bowl league night they have fresh oil before we start and my ball doesn't even come close doing what it did at practice. I have to say though it sure was fun and I bowled decent games with the lanes in the somewhat dry condition. Now I know just how deep I am able to go if conditions are right like on the dry side.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I went practicing after I got my BWG and the owner said they hadn't been oiled since before leagues the night before. I didn't notice that much difference but there have been times where I had to move further right than I like. I normally stand with left foot between the 3rd and 4th arrows and throw between the 1st and 2nd arrows. So I am throwing out about 10 boards. Any further out than that and I have trouble hitting my mark consistently. At that point I usually look for a different line closer to the 2nd arrow or just inside. If I could be more consistent hitting my mark I would probably stay there though.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!